CME is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to become our next Bookkeeper! As Bookkeeper, you would oversee CME's financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable and daily financial entries and reconciliations. You would record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process as well as verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier's ledger, customer ledger and general ledger. You'll perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments and assist with bank reconciliations, processing payroll, creating reports, spreadsheets, KPI's, and other documentation needed or required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with multi-disciplined teams within CME while maintaining records of financial transactions by establishing accounts, verifying, allocating, reconciling; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintains and balances general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Maintains historical records by filing documents appropriately
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed with Controller
- Notifying senior staff of accounting errors when they happen
- Process accounts receivable/payable in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with Deltek & Costpoint software
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills, along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Understand how to balance large bank accounts
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- High School or AA/AS degree (trade or tech school) from an Accredited College/University
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, math or a related field
- 3 years of related experience in bookkeeping or similar position
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19
Travel Percentage Required: Minimal & Usually Local to Vendors. 0% -5%
An award-winning Tampa Bay small business for two decades, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Inc. (CME®) delivers Engineering, manufacturing, test, and calibration/repair services to Government and Industry. Join us at CME, where one can "Use Our Expertise to Design & Build Your Solutions" CME's culture is embodied by Core Values that are focused on: Serving the customer while protecting CME, delivering quality products and services as required, solving problems, working with energy and passion, and encouraging and developing employees that challenge themselves.
As a strong supporter of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and other select charitable initiatives, CME promotes and encourages employee community support to nonprofit organizations or educational institutions, especially for mentoring and school/student support. Most of CME's products and services are focused on the development and manufacturing of energy efficient and sustainable products such as more efficient power supplies, intelligent power distribution units, energy saving solar panels, and other electronic systems, end products, or components. (www.custom-mfg-eng.com).
CME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a U.S. defense contractor CME is also subject to additional rules and regulations regarding the hiring of foreign persons. In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States; CME cannot accept any person for employment who does not meet employment eligibility requirements, E-Verify verification, and/or is in the U.S. under a student (F1 and/or OPT, J1, orM1) and/or temporary work visa. For the purposes of clarification, the I-9 defines eligibility of an employee as a: U.S. citizen, permanent resident card or alien registration card (Form I-551), a person with a temporary I-551 stamp on their passport or U.S. immigrant visa, and/or passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Forms I-94 or I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admissions under Compact of Free Association between the U.S. and FSM or RMI.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!