At CME, the Engineering Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the engineering department to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines. If you have a passion for leading others to develop innovative products & solutions, we want to speak to you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working daily with multi-discipline teams providing design/development oversight of engineering projects for electro-mechanical systems utilizing technical engineering leadership
- Operating computers programmed with engineering software to record, store, and analyze information
- Planning and formulating aspects of research and development proposals such as objective of project
- Develops, trains, and supervisors' engineering staff
- Reviewing and analyzes proposals in order to select the correct design concepts used for new products or existing ones
- Directing preparation of records for budgeting efficiency and the appropriate support
- Working with operations, manufacturing, and quality manager to monitor quality and process improvements and new product development
- Overseeing key projects, processes, and performance reports
- Providing support for Manufacturing Process Development Engineering methodologies, standards, and relevant tests and/or certifications of electro-mechanical products
- Responsible for developing detailed documentation packages including the execution of test plans and protocols
- Complying with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned
- Awareness of Industry 4.0 automation and ability to implement these modernizations
- Strong background in product design to manufacturing realization
- Familiarity with Deltek & Costpoint software
- Configuration management and revision control
- Supply Chain support
- Military Grade specification of electronics and wiring
- Knowledge of administrative support functions, procedures and systems
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Knowledge of typical office programs like Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Pays attention to detail
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationship
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing
- Highly energized, results oriented
- Leadership and communication proficiency
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- High School or AA/AS degree (trade or tech school) from an Accredited College/University
- BS/MS in Engineering or another related field
- 7-10 years related experience in engineering
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19
Travel Percentage Required: Minimal & Usually Local to Vendors. 0% -5%
An award-winning Tampa Bay small business for two decades, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Inc. (CME®) delivers Engineering, manufacturing, test, and calibration/repair services to Government and Industry. Join us at CME, where one can "Use Our Expertise to Design & Build Your Solutions" CME's culture is embodied by Core Values that are focused on: Serving the customer while protecting CME, delivering quality products and services as required, solving problems, working with energy and passion, and encouraging and developing employees that challenge themselves.
As a strong supporter of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and other select charitable initiatives, CME promotes and encourages employee community support to nonprofit organizations or educational institutions, especially for mentoring and school/student support. Most of CME's products and services are focused on the development and manufacturing of energy efficient and sustainable products such as more efficient power supplies, intelligent power distribution units, energy saving solar panels, and other electronic systems, end products, or components. (www.custom-mfg-eng.com).
CME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a U.S. defense contractor CME is also subject to additional rules and regulations regarding the hiring of foreign persons. In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States; CME cannot accept any person for employment who does not meet employment eligibility requirements, E-Verify verification, and/or is in the U.S. under a student (F1 and/or OPT, J1, orM1) and/or temporary work visa. For the purposes of clarification, the I-9 defines eligibility of an employee as a: U.S. citizen, permanent resident card or alien registration card (Form I-551), a person with a temporary I-551 stamp on their passport or U.S. immigrant visa, and/or passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Forms I-94 or I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admissions under Compact of Free Association between the U.S. and FSM or RMI.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!