- 24-Aug-2020 to 23-Dec-2020 (EST)
- Latham, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick/Personal Time, Life Insurance, amongst others.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief in our Latham, NY office. This position will perform survey work involving boundary, topographic, utility, construction and other surveys required for property and right-of-way determinations and for establishing and maintaining benchmarks and monumentations. Directs and oversees the survey crew.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare, practice and execute all Health and Safety Procedures, for self and all employees under his/her supervision
- Expertly perform all duties of all lower classifications, and instruct in any or all duties and requirements of Instrument Operator
- Have a full working knowledge of Boundary Law
- Direct Instrument Operator engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, plots and plats, property lines, subdivision monuments, etc.
- Verify accuracy of measurements of survey crew; keep accurate records, notes, and sketches of work performed
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors including deed research
- Endeavor to promote quality field standards.
Associates Degree or equivalent from 2-year college w/ three (3+) plus years experience or equivalent combination. Experience in boundary & topographic surveys. Expert knowledge of use of Data Collectors & Total Stations required. Must be willing to travel, be motivated, and have the ability to lead a crew.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, C.T. Male will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.