- 30-Jun-2019 to Until Filled (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Head Start - Enrollment & Recruitment Specialist
(Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility, Attendance)
Location: Inglewood Corridor, Hawthorne, Lennox Area
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for an Enrollment & Recruitment Specialist who is responsible for monitoring recruiting, eligibility, selection, enrollment and attendance system implementation for Crystal Stairs, Inc. Head Start and State Pre-School centers . These duties are to be performed according to the Head Start Performance Standards and program policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will support in the following ways:
- Maintains a monitoring system and procedures, determining the eligibility of children of the assigned sites
- Ensures that no more than 10 percent come from families that exceed the low-income guidelines, and that at least 10 percent of those served are children with disabilities within the assigned sites service area
- Maintains a system to assure that the funded enrollment levels are continuously monitored and maintained in the assigned sites of the program
- Ensures that recruitment involves those families that are most in need of Head Start services, including previously underserved populations in the assigned service area
- Ensures that the selection of children and families is based on current enrollment criteria
- Maintains a waiting list for the assigned sites to facilitate the filling of vacancies as they occur
- Analyzes and reports on enrollment data that can/will be utilized for future ERSEA planning within the service area
- Analyzes the causes of absenteeism, and when average daily attendance falls below 85 percent, activates an action/improvement plan in concert with center services staff
- Implements a monitoring methodology that will ensure that the assigned sites will meet their overall enrollment, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance services goals and requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in the field of Business Administration, or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a preschool program. Must have a working knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Word, and Excel. Excellent computer skills required. Experience in statistical analysis and working with social services or related community activities preferred.
- Ability to stay current of Head Start and other applicable regulations/compliance requirements and process timely updates on program procedures and ensure application as directed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written, to individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to understand and be understood by others; bilingual skills are helpful
- Ability to speak before groups of individuals
- Ability to accept, reflect and act upon feedback.
- Must facilitate and model respectful, professional communication and teamwork, demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people including low-income families.
- Ability to develop warm, open relationship with children, parents and staff.
- Ability to promote Head Start to children, families, co-workers and community.
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff and parents.
- Ability to coordinate projects, work independently and follow through with project completion.
- Knowledge of Child Care Licensing Regulations and Head Start Performance Standards and best practices related to education and early childhood development, family involvement and ERSEA.
- Knowledge of Community Care Licensing and California Child Care requirements.
- Knowledge of administrative basics.
- Must have reliable transportation and possess a valid California Driver License in good standing with DMV required; current liability insurance
- Must meet State health requirements to include passing a physical examination as a condition of employment, and immunization clearances.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org
All Head Start positions are implemented in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards in each service area.