- Sandusky, OH, USA
- Base Rate plus Commission
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Wedding Designer/Event Coordinator
Division: Corso's Retail
Status: Regular - Full- Non Exempt
Reports to: Flower Shop Manager
Location: 3404 Milan Road, Sandusky Ohio, 44870
Corso's Flower and Garden Center includes a greenhouse, flower shop, garden center, landscape department and a wholesale perennial plant division.
The Wedding Designer/Event Coordinator position is a professional, passionate, organized, and detail oriented individual who will join our Corso's Flower Shop team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and create arrangement according to customer's requirements as well as sales staff recommendation, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or select appropriate standard design pattern.
- Build Vendor relationships with venues, caterers, photographers, DJ's, etc.
- Wedding and Event Recruiting for Flower Shop
- Make variations of corsages, boutonnieres, wedding bouquet, centerpieces, tall table top pieces, archways, etc.
- Conduct all meetings, consultations, budget management, delivery coordination, order flowers effectively.
- Knowledgeable in the color variations of flowers, the average size and property of each type of flower and be formed of current trends.
- Select floral for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations.
- Price completed arrangements.
- Be knowledgeable of seasonal demands in the floral industry.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Able to walk, bend, climb, twist, squat and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to work flexible hours: days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work long hours during Wedding Season and other holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Wedding Design/Floral Design Experience Required
- Attention to detail and exceptional creativity.
- Proficient Time Management Skills
- Work Effectively in a fast pace environment.
- Prioritize Responsibilities to achieve best results.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with customers and catering to their needs.
- Should be creative and possess the ability to come up with innovative ideas.
Shifts: Variable Depending on Wedding or Event Schedule
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, management reserves the right to revise requirements that other tasks be performed as assigned.