- 27-Jan-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Plano, TX, USA
- Highly Competitive
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Unlimited Vacation & Tuition Assistance
Under the supervision of the director of communications and media relations, the communications writer supports the communications team providing writing/editing support and occasional project management for informational email campaigns, articles (newsletter, magazine, and thought leadership), blog posts, press releases, internal communications (daily news clips and monthly talking points), video storyboards, scripts, marketing collateral, website, and other duties as assigned.
Candidates in the five-state region (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas) preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Executes communications and media relations activities for the organization: write and edit newsletter and magazine articles, press releases, speeches, talking points, event program books, and video scripts.
- Manage the development of Cornerstone's newsletters as assigned.
- Leverage Cornerstone media channels to communicate Cornerstone's value proposition and industry news.
- Develop and circulate press releases, blog content, and maintain a library of updated executive bios.
- Assist the director of communications and media relations in development of talking points and legislative updates for the CEO and members of the leadership team as assigned.
- Conduct research and assist director of communications in development of op-ed pieces.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and expanded marketing and communications team to develop strategy and response on industry-specific issues.
- Aid in crisis management as required, drafting/posting statements and engaging media when appropriate.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Financial industry experience is preferred but not required.
Strong written communication and editing skills are a must in this role. Solid understanding of the creative process, branding, and media cycle. Knowledge of AP Style is required. Intermediate MS Office application skills and basic Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is appreciated. Must show willingness and ability to develop in-depth understanding of the company's current and future products and services over time. Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in advertising/marketing, communications, and public relations campaigns. Must possess a basic understanding of credit union operations, products, and services.
3 to 5 years in a communication, public relations, journalism, or advertising copywriting role. Credit union or financial industry experience preferred but not required.
Excellent grammar and communication skills, attention to detail, and accurate listening and reporting skills. Must maintain confidentiality and be service-oriented.
with our quick 3 minute application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!