- Sugar Land, TX, USA
- Full Time
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401k
Core Dialysis is looking for a registered dialysis nurse for the Sugarland, Tx Area. Core Dialysis provides dialysis care to patients in acute care settings. Looking for someone dedicated to quality and compassionate care to join our team at Encompass in the Humble area. This is a full-time position.
Provides dialysis treatment and education for patients in the hospital setting. Uses the nursing process to ensure physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs are met. Responsible for providing dialysis treatment and assessing patient needs while receiving dialysis. Provide education and coordinates care between members of the healthcare team to optimize the patient/client's understanding of their condition and care requirements.
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be delegated as required.
- Applies assessment, planning, implementation/intervention and evaluation to meet individual patient and facility needs. Follows all patient specific and facility level policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provides safe and effective treatment to the patients in compliance with standards outlined in the Axis Dialysis Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as regulations set forth by the state and federal agencies.
- Educates the patient and family regarding hemodialysis.
- Documents all pertinent facility and patient data, assessments, plan of care and evaluations in medical record according to policy and procedure.
- Applies principles of pharmacology to the prescribed plan of care for patients.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares, administers and documents all prescribed medications. Ensures that all medication processes are in compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and statutes.
- Demonstrates effective delegation and supervision of clinical environment.
- Delegate duties in accordance with state regulatory requirements. Provides accurate and timely patient data to associate in charge to ensure safety of patient and environment.
- Assesses the health educational needs of patients/families and provides instruction with emphasis on health maintenance, disease prevention, and self-care concepts.
- Mobilizes appropriate resources to best meet those needs. Serves as an educational resource.
- Rotates coverage with other licensed staff to ensure reliable and adequate coverage and participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
A.. Education and Experience:
- Current Texas state RN License
- Current CPR
B.. Skills and Abilities:
- Strong clinical and leadership skills
- Ability to organize and establish priorities to perform assigned duties in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to use reasonable care in carrying out verbal and written instruction.