- Round Rock, TX, USA
- Full Time
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401k
Core Dialysis is a premiere organization that provides high quality acute dialysis services while simultaneously supporting efforts to maximize access and manage cost. Homegrown in Houston, Texas, this company distinguishes itself from competitors with clinical expertise throughout company ranks, exemplary professionalism, and unparalleled client satisfaction. Core Dialysis proudly serves multiple long-term acute care facilities and acute care hospitals throughout Texas, and we have an excellent clinical and managerial track record. Core Dialysis provides services in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and The Valley. We are currently expanding all services throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Core is looking for a Dialysis Technician to support to our RNs as they provide acute dialysis treatments in the Austin/Round Rock, Tx area. The Dialysis Technician will work with the RN, patient, family members and facility staff to ensure that each patient's needs are met.
- This is a full-time position.
- Shifts are typically scheduled between 5:00am - 7:00pm (CST), Monday through Friday with occasional weekend shifts.
- Potential for overtime with occasional on-call coverage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes a customer-friendly environment for patients and their visiting friends & family members.
- Follows all patient-specific and facility level policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Adapts work methods to accommodate the specific and unique needs of each patient served.
- Performs delegated tasks as assigned per unit standards, including (but not limited to) transportation of patients, inventory management, completing water log, and completing machine log.
- Maintains compliance with the standards outlined in the Core Dialysis Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as regulations set forth by the state and federal agencies.
- Demonstrates proper utilization and maintenance of equipment/supplies.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned, making sure to maintains complete, accurate and confidential documentation of all relevant data in the patient's medical record according to the healthcare facility's documentation policies.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares, administers, and documents all prescribed medications.
- Practices safety measures and adheres to infection control standards.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with the healthcare facility's staff and other Core staff as needed.
- Rotates with other Core staff to ensure coverage for on-call shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mush have 6months to 1 year experience.
- Current CPR certification (must be certified by the American Heart Association).
- Reliable transportation to and from scheduled shifts.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English - bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to use reasonable care in carrying out verbal and written instructions while prioritizing assigned duties in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility and availability to work at least 32 hours per week.
- Ability to complete physical tasks including, but not limited to, repositioning the patient, lifting and carrying supplies, lifting and handling equipment, bending over, reaching, and responding to any emergency situation that may arise during the treatment or in the healthcare facility where you are.
- COVID-19: Core Dialysis adheres to the guidelines set forth by the CDC and the state of Texas with regard to preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants. While Core does not require employees to be vaccinated, the healthcare facilities we service do. Therefore, you must be able to provide proof of vaccination, or of a qualified religious or medical exemption, before you can begin working.
Pay and Benefits
- The hourly rate will be determined commensurate with experience.
- Medical benefits
- 401K matching (up to 3%)
- Paid time off
Core Dialysis is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.