- Stockton, CA, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for geotechnical engineering and related civil engineering and assist with engineering aspects of environmental projects. Assigned tasks may include preparation of proposals, geotechnical field data collection, preparation of engineering reports and/or plans, construction observations, calculations, and final engineering of civil and geotechnical engineering projects associated with commercial, industrial, schools, residential, tunnel design and associated retaining structures, grading design, roadways, etc. Typical tasks include the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, and reports.
At various times will serve as Project Manager, Geotechnical Engineer, or engineering staff manager with responsibility for applying extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and experience in broad areas and applying advanced techniques, theory, concepts, and practices.
Participation in business development through existing and new client contacts is anticipated.
As a Project Manager' plans, coordinates and directs a large and important engineering project or a number of smaller projects with many complex features, and includes responsibility for financial control and billing.
As a Geotechnical Engineer' serves as a technical specialist, staff advisor, and consultant to a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function. Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures to create new or refine equipment, materials, processes, or methods.
As an Engineer Staff Manager'Supervision/Coordination/Direction of engineering and support personnel is usual at this level. Shall assist in evaluating staffing needs and participate in staff recruitment. Track group performance, coordinate work assignments, arbitrate disputes, monitor individual performance through written evaluations, etc.
- Supervise/oversee field geotechnical investigations, drilling, logging, and soil descriptions.
- Expected to communicate effectively with owners and contractors, and to contribute to proposal preparation and business development.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports and perform engineering analysis and design. All work will be peer-reviewed by a Condor Shareholder before release.
- Some projects may include tasks to direct, prepare, and review project drawings and sketches in conjunction with other technical staff.
- Accountability Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Reliability Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Self-Motivated Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Technical Aptitude Ability to relate to topics that require an understanding or specialized knowledge.
- Time Management Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Seven to ten years of industry related work experience including a minimum of three years supervising others.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering required. Master's degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS Office Suite applications, geotechnical and geological analysis software, and succinct technical writing style.
- California Professional Engineer Registration required with a path to Geotechnical Engineer registration.
- This position will require the ability to sit at a desk working four to eight hours with appropriate rest and meal breaks.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), (Protective clothing, possibly a respirator, etc.).
- Ability to monitor a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to travel 10-40% throughout the markets we serve (primarily Northern California).