- Washington, DC, USA
- Full-Time Seasonal
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
Grounds Maintenance Supervisor (Foreman)- Landscaping Community Bridge, Inc.
Company: Community Bridge, Inc.
Job Title: Landscaping Supervisor (Foreman)
Industry: Landscaping, Grounds Maintenance
Location: DC Metro Area
Employment Type: Seasonal
Required Education: H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
Required Experience: 3-4 years landscaping experience, valid driving license with a clean driving record.
Hours: 40- 50 hours per week, Monday to Friday and weekends as necessary
Pay Rate: (depending on experience)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION Community Bridge Inc. is a Facilities Management company specializing in Landscape/Grounds Maintenance services. Community Bridge is seeking experienced Grounds Maintenance Supervisors (Foreman) for the landscape season to perform landscape services. Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 3-years landscape experience, possess a valid driver's license, have a clean driving record, have reliable transportation to/from work, and be able to satisfactorily complete a background check. This position will be performing job duties outside and will be exposed to all weather conditions. (This is not the WMATA landscaping contract)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supervise a landscape crew of 2 to 8 laborers
- Perform routine landscape services inclusive of (but not limited to) mowing, edging, trimming, pesticide treatments, planting, debris removal, etc.
- Ensure landscape jobs are completed per contract specifications
- Assist unskilled laborers with the proper use of landscape equipment
- Enforce safety and OSHA regulations
- Keep track of crew hours and submit weekly time sheets to supervisor
- Maintain communication with supervisor regarding the status of the mowing schedule, job completion, crew performance, etc.
- Demonstrate courteous and professional customer service skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers
- Ensure landscape equipment is working properly and perform minor equipment repairs (where applicable)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in all types of outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to drive a pickup truck and trailer.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have valid Driver's License
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three or more years of prior landscape maintenance experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
Job Type: Full-time/Seasonal