- 07-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (CST)
- 23000 per year
Starting August 2023 - AmeriCorps College Success Coach - Metro State University - St. Paul, MN
DESCRIPTION OF UNIVERSITY
Metro State University is a comprehensive urban university committed to meeting the higher education needs of the Twin Cities and greater metropolitan population. It is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities systems and was founded with a mission to educate non-traditional students from the Twin Cities area whose needs were not served by other existing institutions.
Metro State University provides accessible, high-quality liberal arts, professional, and graduate education to the citizens and communities of the metropolitan area, with continued emphasis on underserved groups, including adults and communities of color. Regardless of where you are in your life and educational journey, Metro State is committed to helping you succeed on your journey of lifelong learning!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
College Possible Catalyze places exceptional recent college graduates from all fields of study back on college campuses as College Success Coaches to support lower-income and first-generation students as they navigate the milestones, like course registration and financial aid renewal, and on-campus resources, like academic advising and one-stop service centers, essential to graduating from college. College Success Coaches work full-time alongside the institution's student success staff members and provide one-on-one encouragement and assistance to their students.
At Metro State University we seek to hire recent graduates to serve as College Success Coaches. As members of a national movement, College Possible Success Coaches at Metro State University will provide targeted, proactive support to foster college success by addressing students' common academic, financial, and personal barriers. Each coach is physically located at Metro State University, maintains a full-time presence on campus, and engages in the university environment alongside their students.
YOUR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a valued member of the College Possible and Metro State University community, you will share some or all the responsibilities listed below. If you have not done all these things, that is okay. We don't expect you to come in knowing how to do them and will provide three weeks of training at the beginning of the year to support you. Plus, you will work with the College Possible Catalyze program and Metro State staff every step of the way.
- Communicate with program participants, College Possible members, and staff in person and via email, phone, and other technology tools
- Track and record case notes and program participant milestone completion in Salesforce daily
- Interact daily and work 1:1 with up to 140 students assigned to portfolio
- Collaborate with campus offices across departments and identify resources for student success
- Participate in all online training, orientations, and staff meetings
- Schedule, plan and execute students events to increase program engagement and visibility of the program on the campus
- Maintain office hours
- Check-in weekly with supervisory staff
- Maintain a professional and courteous office atmosphere
COLLEGE SUCCESS COACH BENEFITS
Benefits of AmeriCorps
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for up to $6,895 to pay student loans or graduate school expenses or to re-pay undergraduate student loans
- Childcare benefits
- Loan forbearance and interest accrual payments for qualified student loans
- Time accrual towards the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Income-based Loan Repayment Plan (IBR)
- Connection to Employers of National Service upon completion of service
- Connection to Schools of National Service upon completion of service
Benefits of College Possible
- A representative of a national nonprofit organization
- Bi-weekly living stipend, totaling $23,000 for 12 months of service
- Health insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- At least 20 days of vacation
- Workers' compensation
- All expenses paid travel to College Possible headquarters for annual retreat
- College Possible / AmeriCorps apparel and gear
- Professional skills and career development opportunities that transitions into any profession after you leave College Possible
Benefits of Metro State University and Other
- Gaining skills in community organizing
- Interfacing with higher education professionals and institutions
- Beginning your career with valuable experience, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Developing leadership, work and life-skills that translate directly into job experience
- Strengthening communities and transforming lives
- Free parking or bus pass
- $1,000 tuition reimbursement to be used at Metro State
Four-year college degree required. Ideal applicants will have demonstrated leadership skills, a high level of achievement in academics, employment and/or other pursuits, a commitment to the mission of College Possible, and are ideally alumni of the institution where they are applying to serve. Applicants of all academic majors are welcome to apply.
Please visit www.CollegePossible.org/serve, to learn more about College Possible and serving with our organization!
College Possible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals and conduct all possible activities in fully accessible settings. Alternative application formats are available upon request by contacting email@example.com.