- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b)
City Tree Christian School Mission
City Tree Christian School (CTCS) serves the children of San Diego as an outreach ministry of First Presbyterian Church (FPC) of San Diego dedicated to academic excellence integrated with the Biblical teachings of Jesus Christ. City Tree Christian School is a wonderful community of teachers, staff, and families working together to educate our children in a loving Christian environment. We are an ethnically and socio-economically diverse school located in downtown San Diego. About 200 students attend our school-age infants through eighth grade. Our school is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Principal provides a high level of leadership that invests in maintaining academic excellence, spiritual development and engaged learning. This position leads a diverse community of infants through 8th grade students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise instruction and curriculum through observation and evaluation to ensure the highest standards of learning.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and manage effective staff performance for optimal student achievement.
- Engage in personal development and motivate staff in ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Partner with CTCS parents to provide a community that is aligned with the values of the school and the church.
- Maintain regular communication with students, parents, staff, and school board.
- Actively provide Biblical instruction to students and staff.
- Provide leadership to maintain effective and efficient school operations.
- Create the school budget and ensure fiscal accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ by living in accordance with His teachings.
- Demonstrates strong servant leadership skills with a history of effective team building, mentoring, and building community.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize competing tasks through delegation and effective time management.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to diverse audiences.
- Applies strong working knowledge of current teaching methodologies and innovative technology.
- Displays passion and commitment about meeting the academic, emotional, and social needs of children.
- Possesses a passion for lifelong learning that serves as a model for the staff and broader community.
- Demonstrates ability to handle difficult situations with a high level of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in education (or related field) from an accredited university.
- Teaching credential.
- Administrative credential preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in teaching and/or leadership position.