The Customs and Border Protection Office of Human Resources Management (HRM), National Programs Division (NPD), Retirement and Benefits Advisory Services Branch (RABAS) mission is to support U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) employees by providing high-quality retirement and benefit services, which meet their administrative and human resources needs.
Located: Washington D.C.
Education: Masters Degree required, or Bachelors w/15+ years of experience
Experience: 10 years of Project Management Experience minimum
Clearance Requirement: None
- Must be a competent typist (40 words or more per minute) is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of office equipment, including computers, scanners, fax and copiers.
- Must be proficient in the use of Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Must be able to multi-task, such as meeting deadlines while also responding to employee inquiries.
- Must be able to learn new computer systems (i.e., Salesforce, FedHR navigator, etc.)
- Must be an effective communicator (oral and written).
- Have ability to work professionally with individuals and diverse groups within and outside of the federal government.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and periodic background investigations.
- Ability to use multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents, formats, reports etc. Transmit and receive documents and messages electronically using government furnished computers or workstations.
- Ability to enter, revise, sort, calculate or retrieve data and generate reports from various automated tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to maintain assigned files and record systems in accordance with CBP approved guidelines.
- Ability to retrieve relevant applicant information and maintain suspense records in accordance with CBP procedures.
- Ability to prepare and develop correspondence, reports, presentations and other forms of communication for distribution across various offices internal and external to CBP.
- Knowledge of special retirement coverage, i.e. Law Enforcement Officer (LEO), Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Project Manager will possess a comprehensive range of knowledge and experience in Federal retirement and benefits along with the function areas assigned
- Reviewing, completing and processing health and life insurance requests and retirement applications submitted by employees.
- Answering questions regarding eligibility to change or enroll in health and life insurance due to qualifying life events.
- Ensures successful task completion within the scheduled timeframe consistent with the established scope of work to include technical solutions
- Applies knowledge of the entire customer organization to recommend and coordinate development, enhancement and maintenance of business processes and procedures
- Develops project plans and milestones, status reports and other deliverables, and monitors the execution of the task for quality and against planned timelines
- Counselling survivors/beneficiaries on eligible benefits due to death of a CBP employee.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.