- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? Christman Facilities Solutions is seeking and experienced Field Service Carpenter for construction projects in our Dallas, TX region! Candidates should have a wide variety of rough and finish carpentry skills and someone who loves thinking outside the box. At Christman, we offer performance-based raises, paid vacation, and have an excellent benefits package. We are also open to candidates without a High School Diploma/GED.
The Field Service Carpenter is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the service van. Process electronic work orders, route and complete small projects as scheduled. Inventory control, acquisition & installation of material, monitoring jobsite safety and developing field leadership skills.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive/Operate Service Van to get to multiple client's location.
- Customer Service- interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Proficient use of technology, iPad, and phone apps to process work orders.
- Ability to assess and remedy work order requests in a timely manner.
- Measure and take off proposed items, read directions, understand, and install complicated devices.
- Carpentry Skills to include but not limited to the ability to build barriers for various types of jobsite environments to potentially include epidemiology, scaffolding, wood/metal framing, drywall partitions, cabinetry work, acoustical ceiling tile and grid, patch & paint repairs, basic commercial flooring, doors, and hardware, etc.
- Comprehend epidemiology requirements (ICRA and PCRA) and safety documents.
- Clean work area at the end of the project or daily if a multi-day project, maintain equipment in safe working condition.
- Readies all tools to be used in construction, erection, installing and repairing structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard, or other construction materials required.
- Ability to work in areas with multiple trades.
- Know and follow all company and customer safety policies.
- Proficient safety knowledge.
- Must be able to operate standard carpentry related hand tools.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The job will be conducted in a Construction/Manufacturing environment with moderate noise from machines and power tools. Conditions will include OSHA approved levels of dust. Personal Protection Equipment is required at all times in the shop and all job sites. Personal Protection Equipment includes the use of a hard hat, safety glasses, vest, gloves, face shields and respirators at all times.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, sit, walk, reach, kneel, stoop, crouch, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and to operate a computer and telephone, keyboard, and maintain visual acuity. Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight (>80 lbs.)
Expected Hours of Work
Full time, more than 40- hours a week. May work nights and weekends, construction may, at times, continue around the clock to meet deadlines. Nights and weekends required at times due to availability of the job site.
- Must have reliable transportation to pick up service van from company warehouse.
- Must have perfect driving record with history of service driving requirements.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3+) or more years of relevant work experience or proven established work history for the position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to: bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, reach overhead, and lift 80 pounds.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas, and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction, but acceptable to use.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, and snow.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires employees to have required personal tools with them at all times (waist tool belt, as worn weights approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all types of ladders and be able to carry and relocate a step ladder (up to 12') by oneself.
- Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1- 250 lbs., Class 1A- 300 lbs.).
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90' from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas (utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics). Must receive proper training before working in restricted areas.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity
Equal Opportunity Employer; disability/veteran
Sign Up For Job Alerts!