Tech/AV, IT Support Services
Chatham University's Information Technology Services is looking for a Tech/AV. The Tech/AV is a member of the IT Support Services team. The Tech/AV works with the Manager, IT Support Services and Manager, Technical Services/AV to assure service and support for the campus community.
They will be responsible for supporting all levels of campus users, located at multiple campus locations, in the use of technology resources.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Answering telephone support calls, emailed support issues, and walk-in questions as part of the campus IT Support Services.
- Visiting user locations when necessary and conducting repairs, hardware/software support and user training on campus systems.
- Acquiring technical certifications in repair of campus used hardware.
- Delivery and setup of classroom media equipment.
- Setting up for campus event (microphone, speakers, projection, etc).
- Periodically attending campus events that may occur during evenings and on weekends.
- Working closely with the other ITS staff to ensure users are receiving the best service and support possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Competence using PC and MAC computer hardware and software in classroom, lab, office, and residential settings.
- Broad knowledge of information technology including networking, file management, Microsoft Office applications, Internet and email systems.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in Windows and MAC hardware and software.
- Ability to convey information over the phone, in-person and in writing.
- Ability to convey information through training sessions.
- Technical writing skills to document instructions for users.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule, work nights and weekends, when necessary.
The AV Technician provides essential services to the Chatham community and requires:
- Flexibility with working hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Easily adaptable and able to learn new skills.
- English fluency required; fluency in other languages helpful.
Interested applicants should go to https://chatham.applicantpro.com/jobs/2179029.html to apply. All documents should be uploaded at the same time at the time of application.
Chatham University strives to promote a campus environment that understands and embraces multiculturalism while increasing individuals' intercultural competence. We actively work to build and sustain a diverse and culturally vibrant campus, which promotes employee and student success and retention.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.