- Waycross, GA, USA
- Full Time
Medical Dental Vision 401K and company match.
Job Title: Plant Accountant - Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learn/understand the business by spending significant time in the costing function, including auditing bills of material, creating bills of material, pricing custom options, and pricing models.
- Learn the ERP system as it relates to all functions of the company (costing, purchasing, sales, accounting and service).
- Assists the Controller in balance sheet analysis of key accounts.
- Prepares journal entries and otherwise assists Controller in timely and accurate preparation of the monthly Financial Statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and CEI accounting principles.
- Work with Costing to learn the standard cost system and how it relates to pricing.
- Assists the Controller in troubleshooting any issues that develop in the accounting department, systems or procedures.
- Assists the Controller with the responsibility for the correct and accurate accounting of all expenditures and documents.
- Learn all the Champion policies relating to all accepted internal accounting controls.
- Learn all the software used by Champion relating to the accounting and financial functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience; Bachelor's Degree is a plus. One to two years of experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus. Experience in manufactured housing or recreational vehicle manufacturing is a significant plus.
- Proven experience as cost accountant, general accountant, or other similar experience
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.