- Chandler, AZ, USA
- $15.00-$17.00 DOE
- Full Time
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401k, Hourly Production Bonus, and others
Champion Home Builders, Inc.
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
- Processes Requests for Quotations (RFQs) by assisting with their preparation, sending them to suppliers and following up with suppliers for their timely response.
- Gathers commodity market prices for reporting purposes.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices based on inventory needs after an inventory is taken.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Work with suppliers on invoice and payment issues.
- Meet with vendors to review new products and review already placed orders.
- Maintain price changes by working with accounting to keep addendums accurate.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Must have strong analytical skills and be capable of interpreting data and information
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment or adopt or modify methods and standards to meet assigned duties/objectives
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and follow through with requests for assistance
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must live the Champion Operating Principles
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Manufactured housing industry experience desired
- Purchasing or Materials experience desired