- 21-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Chattanooga, TN, USA
- Part Time
Do you love to see children smiling because they enjoy the learning activities you are providing? If you do this might be the job for you!
Creative Discovery Museum is one of the top children's museums in the country and is a vital educational resource across our region. We welcome educators from all backgrounds and want to ensure we provide an array of diversity, not only to our incoming learners but also amongst our team.
The Museum is searching for an innovative and energetic Programs Educator, responsible for implementing pre-planned reserved programs, including birthday parties, lock-ins, school programs, and camps. The Programs Educator also leads groups of children at off-site after-school programs on a consistent and regular basis. The Programs Educator should be proactive, energetic, relational, and have a fun-loving attitude to ensure a quality experience for all museum guests.
- Located in the heart of Chattanooga, Tennessee!
- Employees and their families are valued.
- Schedules posted in advance.
- The added bonus of providing a positive experience for children.
Salary and Schedule
- $10.50 per hour
- Part-time - 12-25 hours per week
- Implements birthday parties, by greeting the party family, setting up the birthday party room, directing the activities of teen volunteers, managing the party and guests, and cleaning up after party guests have left.
- Implements lock-ins, by providing leadership for the ME staff, setting up the lock-in, spending the night in the Museum, conducting workshops and other activities during the lock-in, and cleaning up after the event.
- Implements camps at the Museum by collecting materials and supplies, setting up the camp activities, implementing the camp curriculum for children from pre-K through 5th grade, and cleaning up at the end of camp activities.
- Implements fee-based workshops, such as Gingerbread House Making, including set up, implementation, and clean up after the workshop, all to ensure the guests have a fun experience.
- Implements afterschool programs, by being the point of contact for parents, setting up activities, classroom management, and directing volunteers, as well as room clean-up following the programs.
- Implements Science Theater programs, by setting up activities, managing the classroom, and cleaning up following the program; and
- Implements off-site programming at various community venues, to take the fun outside the walls of the Museum. This includes PR outreach venues, schools, and community events.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years life experience or formal education in the Arts, Science, Early Childhood, or Education.
- 2 years teaching and leading children ages 2-12.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively:
- Work with a variety of personalities.
- Be an effective part of a team; and
- Be flexible; and
- Informal education experience preferred.
- Ability to stand and walk on the Museum floor for extended periods.
- Some lifting of supplies.
The Creative Discovery Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment that values and supports diversity and equality among staff, volunteers, and all of its audiences.