- Refugee Resettlement
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 244 N 2200 W, Salt Lake City Utah
Status: Non-exempt, Part-time as needed
Salary: $19.00/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services and Basic Needs programs.
Work with clients providing interpretation, translation, and transportation services for medical appointments, employment assessment, health assessment and other meetings.
- Provide professional interpretation in medical or non-medical settings.
- Provide transportation when needed to medical appointments.
- Notify client(s) of their appointment and keep all appointments.
- Keep accurate timesheets and be able to turn them in on time.
- Participate in mandatory monthly meetings and notify supervisor of any concern regarding services.
- Participate in Bridging the Gap training and other medical interpreter training activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Must own a private vehicle.
- Must be physically present with client at the time of appointment.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking in English and language being interpreted.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and appropriate manner with little supervision.
- Familiarity with some medical terminology and basic understanding of health care system.
- Demonstrated good judgment when dealing with others.
- Demonstrate human relations and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Adheres to deadlines and appointments.
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding clients' personal information.
- Skills of time management and prioritizing.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately translate written material from source to target language.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Outlook and internet.
Physical Demands Including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, to walk moderate distances and to drive clients to and from medical appointments.
Education, training and or experience:
- High School diploma
- Previous interpretation and translation experience preferred.
- Native-like proficiency in target language.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- Must be able to pass a FBI/BCI background check.
License, certifications and credentials
- Current Utah Driver's license, proof of auto insurance, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety and insurance requirements.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled