- Aberfoyle, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Extended Health, Pension, RRSP etc.
CBM Aggregates, a division of St. Marys Canada Building Materials is a leading producer and supplier of aggregate materials, with twelve sand and gravel operations and quarries, competing in the Southern Ontario market which consumes over 140 million tonnes of aggregate annually.
As a Quality Control Technician you will perform quality control testing services for aggregate production (process control) and the sales department (shipping and customer service).
Why work for CBM?
- Competitive wages + benefits + RRSP
- Long term career opportunity
- Workplace culture focused on health and safety!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sample aggregate products following CBM and CCIL sampling policies.
- Perform aggregate tests (gradations, physical properties) in accordance with specified test methods.
- Report in a timely and clear fashion the quality of products with regard to production issues (targets, causes, solutions) and shipping issues (end user requirements).
- Recommend and direct process changes (on some equipment) to maintain process targets.
- Know and understand why targets are set for customer end uses and how changes will affect them.
- Apply statistical process control techniques to analyze production data.
- Maintain laboratory and testing equipment in an appropriate state of repair.
- Enter and process data both manually and on computer software supplied.
- Describe product uses and obtain product samples for customers.
- Maintain and follow CBM Laboratory Quality Manual requirements for their individual laboratory.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner according to CBM Procedures.
- Assist production personnel in production trials, sampling and documenting quality for green-field sites.
- Assist sales personnel in customer service related to test data and product uses.
- Lead process improvement project in a team setting with other CBM Employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- College Certificate in related field preferred, (Civil Engineering, Geo disciplines chemical or biological skills).
- Three-year college or technical school and five year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- People management, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of MS word, Excel and Outlook.
- To have knowledge of aggregate processing practices, and equipment and aggregate specifications for the construction industry, (general construction, road building, concrete and hot mix asphalt technology) is an asset
To apply, please include an up-to-date resume. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Canada Building Materials is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations throughout the hiring process are available by contacting human resources.