The cast is the nation's largest provider of comprehensive, life-transforming services to survivors of Human Trafficking and an advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation. We are currently on a mission to hire the very best talent who are committed to systems change and elevating survivor voices to shape policy and public awareness to ultimately put an end to human trafficking. If you are looking to join a progressive and mission-driven organization, look no further!
We are excited to announce the role of Director of Donor Engagement to oversee our donor relations program and lead our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit's fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns.
Ending modern slavery through education, advocacy, and empowering survivors of human trafficking.
What you'll do:
The Director of Donor Engagement is primarily responsible for executing and evolving Cast's annual fundraising plan and will oversee all relevant operations and contribute to the communications strategies. The Director of Donor Engagement is responsible for creating, tracking, and maintaining institutional knowledge on grants and fundraising events for the organization, as well as overseeing individual giving programs including peer-to-peer. They are also responsible for overseeing the organization's continuing effort to build a culture of philanthropy in all aspects of our work.
Leadership and Development Strategy
- Manage and execute Cast's development and stewardship plans to achieve annual revenue goals
- Update existing development and stewardship plans with new ideas, industry best practices, and data-driven analysis
- Ensure a robust gift pipeline big enough to reach annual revenue goals by actively managing prospective and current donors, foundations, and other funders solicited via proposals, grant applications, multiple appeals, and other fundraising activities
- Participate in strategic planning for Cast to ensure development plans align with and are in service of organizational goals and remain accountable to goals set each year.
- Provide direction and support in engaging the board of directors in fundraising
Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Research, design, and lead the moves management plans for major individual donors
- Manage and develop existing initiatives, appeals, and campaigns focused on targeting new donors and stewarding existing donors
- Research and develop relationships with potential foundation funders
- Project manage fundraising work, advising him where and how best to spend his time and efforts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
Grants & Contracts
- Support all grant research, application, and reporting activities, in collaboration with other staff/departments seeking or working on grant-funded programs.
- Lead the research, writing, and submission of government, foundation, and corporate grant proposals.
- Support events and outreach opportunities throughout Cast's calendar year.
- Work closely with Cast staff, in addition to consultants, other organizations, board members etc. who are organizing and participating in rides and events.
- Oversee all fundraising events on the Cast calendar to ensure revenue generation and responsible allocation of resources
- Work with the communications team on the creation of Cast content for distribution on both internal (social media, blog, newsletter) and external (print, television, radio, and online) media outlets.
- Work with the communications team to craft and implement strategic communications plans for Cast as a whole, as well as for individual campaigns, programs, and events.
- Develop fundraising and PR materials, as needed.
Organization and Fundraising Operations
- Design and update a regular progress-to-goal report and development dashboard for the CEO
- Ensure Integrity and accuracy in all records and reports
- Create, update, and train other staff as needed on documented processes to standardize and streamline all development activities
- Manage administrative aspects of fundraising efforts
What you bring:
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission, and are highly motivated to help transform the lives of survivors. You'll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work, and the people around you to the next level. We would like our next Director of Donor Engagement to bring in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, advertising or equivalent work experience (5-7years) in the field of development preferred
- Applied understanding of basic fundraising principles and development best practices
- Demonstrated experience raising funds and examples of positive outcomes (required)
- Experience with foundation grant writing and foundation fundraising (required)
- Experience with individual donor campaigns and stewardship (required)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Database and spreadsheet proficiency
- Strong prospect identification and qualification skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading ability
- Organized, flexible, and multi-task oriented. Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities. A self-starter that can work within a team environment and handle a variety of tasks with urgent deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with online fundraising, email marketing, and internet research
- Commitment to abide by the organizational values, mission, and philosophy of Cast.
To apply, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter, you can also check out other opportunities on our company portal: https://castla.applicantpro.com/jobs/,
Cast is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (Cast) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CAST offers generous benefits, including medical, life, paid sick/vacation time, a 403(b) plan, and Supervision for Licensure hours. Additionally, we provide you an opportunity for continued learning through career, professional & personal development, and training along with working with a team of committed individuals, where you are supported and given every chance to succeed.
Cast highly encourages survivors of slavery and human trafficking to apply. Cast also encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ , and people with disabilities to apply.