Under the supervision of an Associate Director, this position performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repairs, and improves university facilities and equipment. The position is part-time, with flexible hours.
- Performs maintenance, repair, alteration to buildings and equipment/fixtures (e.g. doors. Windows, walls, floors, stairways, furniture).
- Performs maintenance, replacement, repair, and minor installation of electrical equipment (e.g., light fixtures, electrical outlets, switches, motors, appliances, circuits, generators, alarms, meters, controls).
- Performs maintenance, replacement, repair, and minor installations of plumbing equipment (e.g., water and steam lines, trap fittings, plumbing fixtures, pumps, regulators, valves, heating/air conditioning).
- General Maintenance duties as assigned.
- Operates and maintains boiler and chiller.
- Assists in the painting of university facilities.
- Assists with snow removal.
- At least three years of training or experience in maintenance repair work is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance repair work, including lite electrical, plumbing, carpentry, associated hand and power tools and equipment, and appropriate safety practices.
- Valid State of Ohio driver's license.
- Ability to perform tasks in low, high, and tight spaces such as, closets, windows, crawl spaces under floors and above ceilings, stairwells, equipment rooms, building exteriors, and roofs.
- Ability to handle exposure to: dirt, dust, and grease, electricity, climatic weather, various chemicals such as drain cleaners, glues, paint, etc., equipment with moving parts and loud noise.
- Physical Requirements: ability to lift up to 100 lbs. (50 lbs. on a regular basis).
- Ability to use machine tools and equipment.
- Ability to drive and operate utility vehicles.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital's dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin or ethnicity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in its admissions, educational programs or activities, and employment.