The mission of Community Action Programs Cayuga/Seneca (CAP) is to cultivate a community where all people are respectfully supported and empowered to embrace opportunities for learning, growth and economic security.
CAP is seeking a Home Visitor in our Early Head Start program located in Moravia. The Home Visitor works directly with families and children in their home providing early childhood education, adult education, and advocacy.
Applicants must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as part of an Associates or Bachelor's degree; and,
- Demonstrate competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the home visiting curriculum and promote children's progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, including for children with disabilities and dual language learners, as appropriate, and to build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting relationships with families.
- Experience relating to and working with pregnant mothers, infants, and toddlers with or without special needs.
- Must possess knowledge of infant and child development and family interaction.
- Must have a clean and valid NYS driver's license.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The pay rate is $16.20/hr. Scheduled work hours Monday-Friday, 40 hrs/week.
CAP offers a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid leave time (PTO, sick, holidays, birthday), 401K retirement, FSA, HRA, qualifying education assistance, and other employee development benefits.