- 25-Jul-2022 to 24-Aug-2022 (PST)
- San Rafael, CA, USA
2022 Mill Valley Film Festival
Membership Coordinator (August 22-October 21 2022)
Status: Part time, seasonal
Location: Remote, with option to work occasional in-person events in Marin County, CA
Dates: August 22, 2022 - October 21, 2022
Salary: $18.50/hour with the expectation of 20 hours a week. Hours are flexible within regular business hours, with occasional evening and weekend hours
To apply, please submit: Your resume + cover letter
About Mill Valley Film Festival:
Founded in 1978, the Mill Valley Film Festival is a world-renowned 11-day event held every October, screening over 200 innovative US and international films for over 60,000 attendees. MVFF has a stellar reputation as a filmmakers' festival with a high-profile, prestigious, non-competitive environment celebrating the best in independent and world cinema in gorgeous Northern California.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment:
We strive for a culture where people sense like they are valued, can bring their whole selves to work free of oppression, injustice, harassment or discrimination, and that they experience belongingness through a common purpose. We are taking steps to ensure that the California
Film Institute is a safe and equitable space for staff members, filmmakers and audiences alike by incorporating inclusivity, diversity and accessibility measures into our business plan and tangible KPIs to hold ourselves accountable to serve and engage diverse audiences through our work. We are also working to examine racial justice internally in order to drive self-discovery and best inform how we can change practices and utilize our voice and position within the community.
About the Job:
Working in a three person Membership team, this position will support fundraising and member stewardship efforts in the lead up to the annual Mill Valley Film Festival. Through telephone and email communications, this position will assist with responding to technical issues and general inquiries from our community, as well as outreach to former and prospective members, while maintaining thorough records of customer interactions in our database for future reference.
Candidates should have excellent customer service skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and are comfortable working independently. Patience, active-listening skills, and ability to problem-solve in real time are all necessary. Prior film festival experience is a plus, but not required.
This part-time position can be 100% remote, though priority will be given to local applicants willing to assist with occasional in-person events.
- Provide excellent customer service for our community of members, fostering a positive and responsive relationship
- Conduct monthly renewal calls, using a thorough knowledge of our program and benefits
- Update call logs and track member interactions across incoming and outgoing communications
- Learn our systems and offer technical support for members navigating our website and purchasing tickets
- Assist with system implementation and testing
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience in fundraising, development, or sales.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication / customer service skills.
- Project management and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be discreet in managing confidential information.
- Ideally the candidate will have worked with database / payment processing systems (Raiser's Edge, Stripe, Agile), communication systems (Mailchimp, Emma), and be highly proficient in Google docs and Excel.
About the California Film Institute:
The non-profit California Film Institute celebrates and promotes film as art and education; we believe that powerful stories can change the world. In addition to the Mill Valley Film Festival, CFI fulfills its mission through year-round programming at the non-profit independent Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center, presentation of DocLands Documentary Film Festival, and cultivation of the next generation of filmmakers and audiences through CFI Education programs.