- 01-Jun-2022 to 01-Jul-2022 (PST)
- San Rafael, CA, USA
2022 Mill Valley Film Festival
Status: Full time, Seasonal
Location: Hybrid, remote and in-person required Marin County, CA, 2022. (In-person required September 26th - October 21, 2022)
Dates: August 1, 2022 thru October 21, 2022
Salary: $20.00/hour with the expectation of 40 hours per week as a regular schedule, except during the festival in October when extended daily work hours are anticipated.
To apply, please submit: Your resume + cover letter
About Mill Valley Film Festival:
Founded in 1978, the Mill Valley Film Festival is a world-renowned 11-day event held every October, screening over 200 innovative US and international films for over 60,000 attendees. MVFF has a stellar reputation as a filmmakers' festival with a high-profile, prestigious, non-competitive environment celebrating the best in independent and world cinema in gorgeous Northern California.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment:
We strive for a culture where people sense like they are valued, can bring their whole selves to work free of oppression, injustice, harassment or discrimination, and that they experience belongingness through a common purpose. We are taking steps to ensure that the California Film Institute is a safe and equitable space for staff members, filmmakers and audiences alike by incorporating inclusivity, diversity and accessibility measures into our business plan and tangible KPIs to hold ourselves accountable to serve and engage diverse audiences through our work. We are also working to examine racial justice internally in order to drive self-discovery and best inform how we can change practices and utilize our voice and position within the community.
About the Job:
The Development Associate will work with the Development Manager, Director of Development and the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director to support the festival experience for our largest donor group.
In the lead up to the Mill Valley Film Festival, the Development Associate will support the fulfillment of festival benefits, such as ticket reservations, reserved seating, early entry and special events, and provide consistent, high-quality customer service throughout.
Candidates should have excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency. They should have strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Track and collect reservations for donors and special guests
- Oversee donor email accounts and respond in a timely and professional manner
- Update donor and special guest Elevent RSVP system with programmatic updates
- Assist Development Manager with donor scheduling systems
- Process ticket requests for donors and special guests in Elevent ticketing system
- Provide responsive customer service for donors and special guests, phone, email, and in person
- Work with Box Office to process ticket requests
- Coordinate mailings
- Collaborate with other departments for on-site signage and event needs
- Support special events (invitations, rsvps, guest lists, etc)
- Any related administrative tasks, as required.
- Have weekly check-ins with Development Manager and the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director to report on workload, deadlines, communication flow and overall group needs/experience
- Create a wonderful MVFF experience for the donors and special guests!
Our ideal candidate has:
- Superb organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent customer service, and public interaction skills
- Detailed, disciplined, and thorough
- You have a professional appearance and demeanor with a great attitude
- Previous experience working with donors preferred
- Strong computer skills, with thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, FileMaker Pro, Google Apps. Experience with Elevent or other ticketing systems is a plus.
- Experience of database systems or scheduling systems is a plus.
- Grace under pressure; managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Proven skill with driving deadlines
- Ability to manage time effectively and bring projects to completion despite conflicting deadlines
- Thrives working independently and on a team
- Must own smart-phone, and able to work some nights and weekends during the festival
About the California Film Institute
The non-profit California Film Institute celebrates and promotes film as art and education; we believe that powerful stories can change the world. In addition to the Mill Valley Film Festival, CFI fulfills its mission through year-round programming at the non-profit independent Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center, presentation of DocLands Documentary Film Festival, and cultivation of the next generation of filmmakers and audiences through CFI Education programs.