CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is hiring a Communications Coordinator who will amplify Muslim voices and perspectives in different forms of media and raise visibility within the American Muslim community about CAIR's work and services.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director
Schedule Type: Full-time (Non-exempt). Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Location: Based in CAIR's Santa Clara office. CAIR staff are currently working a hybrid schedule, with three days in-person and two days remote and anticipate returning to fully in-person when it is safe to do so. Requires some travel throughout the Bay Area (vehicle and driver's license required).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a primary media contact for the organization, including coordinating media requests and follow up
- Write and publish website and email newsletter content
- Maintain CAIR-SFBA's social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Work with the development department in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and communications
- Ensure content reflects CAIR's voice, style, message, and branding; ensure branding and tone are consistent across numerous stakeholders and multiple media platforms
- Review, edit, and proofread CAIR-CA publications including the annual report and other various reports
- Serve as part of the situation management and crisis communication team
- Manage various press conferences and events; prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material
- Provide communications-related advice and counsel to the organization's leadership and staff
- Participate in the CAIR-CA Communications Committee to share resources and streamline efforts across the statewide organization
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
All CAIR staff assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- At minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of the media landscape, including mainstream and alternative outlets
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines
- Strong initiative and demonstrate the ability to learn in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of AP style preferred
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of social media tools, including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- A strong familiarity with issues relevant to American Muslims and a passion for social justice
- Experience working with Asana, Canva, Constant Contact, Photoshop, Illustrator, and WordPress
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Video editing proficiency and knowledge of Premiere preferred
- Compensation in the range of $22-27/hourly, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- 3% pension matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 12 vacation days
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references, using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by September 15, 2021.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.