Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Schedule Type: Full-time (Non-exempt). Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Location: Based in CAIR's Santa Clara office. Requires some travel throughout the Bay Area.
The Operations and Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible for coordinating a wide variety of day-to-day office tasks related to operational, financial, IT, HR, and administrative functions.
- Coordinate our operational, financial, IT, HR, and administrative functions
- Ensure organizational effectiveness
- Assist with organizational problem solving
- Ensure shared spaces are properly maintained and supply orders are regular to provide support for day-to-day functions as well as special events.
- Be on site, Monday through Friday during business hours as first point of contact for clients and visitors. Weekends as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and records and acts as purchasing department for the organization and obtain executive signatures as needed.
- Manages the employee recognition program and overall workplace initiatives such as wellness and employee engagement activities.
- Performs additional duties in office operations and personnel administration as directed by management.
- Own or help with events as needed throughout the year.
- Handle day-to-day accounts payable operations including collecting invoices and IRS Forms such as W-9, paying and liaising with vendors, collecting receipts, reviewing business expense reconciliation, coordinating organizational purchase card reconciliation, issuing reimbursements, maintaining vendor and contract files.
- Provide support for annual financial audits.
- Make weekly bank deposits, process weekly check and cash deposits; prepare various financial updates, supporting invoicing, and support development efforts to communicate with donors.
- Track donations for major fundraisers and donor programs and provide updates in real-time.
- Handle vendor contracts, supplies orders and other aspects of the annual gala fundraiser.
- Ensure all IT systems are working effectively.
- Assist in managing IT vendors and coordination with vendors for staff's IT needs and provide troubleshooting assistance as needed.
- Facilitate the employee onboarding and off-boarding process
- Assist in the recruitment process by advertising job positions on relevant channels and screening resumes.
- Ensure that all required employment law postings are updated and present within the organization.
- Manage Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director's calendar to schedule speaking, meeting, and media requests; handles travel logistics accordingly.
- Direct all incoming calls, mail, speaking and meeting requests to appropriate staff.
- Provide administrative support including reserving meeting spaces, coordinating logistics and materials for internal staff meetings and social events, board meetings, annual convenings or conferences led by governance and advisory boards, travel arrangements for management staff, and other events, as needed.
- Perform administrative duties within the legal department to route clients, direct clients to intake forms, verify form submission in Practice Panther and assist with other legal duties as needed.
Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills. All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, and other office tasks.
- At least one to three years of experience in operations or administrative coordination
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing, IT infrastructure, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to social justice and CAIR's mission and values
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situation and changing priorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with the American Muslim community and/or in a community, faith-based, and/or non-profit organization
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi or Urdu
- Compensation in the range of $22-27/hourly, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- 3% pension matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 12 vacation days
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief writing sample, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by June 30, 2021.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.