CAIR California Finance Coordinator
Schedule Type: Full-time (40 hours/week) or Part-time (20 hours/week), Non-exempt
Location: Anaheim (preferred), Sacramento, San Diego, or San Jose. Will be teleworking until June 2021 when offices are scheduled to reopen.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations, California (CAIR-CA) is hiring a Finance Coordinator. Join the largest American Muslim civil rights organization at the frontlines of promoting justice, enhancing the understanding of Islam, and empowering American Muslims.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the organization's finance and accounting functions including managing payroll and coordinating the annual audit and tax return process. They will maintain and ensure compliance with standard accounting principles and reporting requirements and be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently.
- General bookkeeping and accounting tasks including maintaining related documentation
- Manage day-to-day finances for CAIR-CA via QuickBooks including analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts and investment transactions, and managing interoffice invoicing
- Prepare bank reconciliations and other balance sheet analysis to ensure accuracy of balances
- Oversee payables, receivables, liabilities, bank account reconciliations, cash flow projections, and journal entries
- Prepare deposits, checks and invoices
- Lead the coordination and preparation for annual tax return filing and financial audit
- Coordinate benefits including insurance, taxes, retirement plan, EDD and workers compensation
- Coordinate with all offices to process payroll, quarterly tax payments, workers compensation and retirement reports
- Support offices with employee onboarding and offboarding
- Maintain employment records
- Process new vendors as needed including collecting W-9's and coordinate 1099's
- Prepare financial reports for Board of Directors, office treasurers, and executive staff
- Prepare accounting schedules, monthly financial statements, and reports
- Monitor organizational compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Maintain finance procedures manual, train staff on policies, and monitor compliance
- Collaborate with the CAIR-CA Treasurer to review, create, and implement necessary finance policies for the organization
- Provide finance management orientation, training, and support to local office bookkeepers, Executive Directors, and Treasurers
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets, including analysis of revenue and expenses as well as forecasts
- Coordinate year-end finances for budgeting and reporting
- Provide support to the finance and operations staff at local offices
- Perform special projects and other duties as required and requested
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field (preferred)
- Nonprofit work experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Professional integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Pay range is $23 - $27/hour
- Full-time position includes generous benefits package: medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
DEADLINE: Until position is filled.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.