- 09-May-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Guest Services
- Westminster, CO, USA
Title: Part-Time Guest Services Associate
Department: Guest Services
Reports to: Director of Membership & Guest Experience
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Hourly, Part Time - On Call, Seasonal
Position Summary: The Seasonal Guest Services Associate is a part-time position responsible for the direct day-to-day operations of the front desk ensuring an excellent member and guest experience from the point of entry to the zoo while processing box office and online admission tickets and selling and renewing memberships, thus honoring the Butterfly Pavilion's mission and guaranteeing repeat guest and member visitation.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we can't make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These aren't just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
Guest Services and front desk
- Set the tone of the guest experience by creating a welcoming environment by greeting each guest and member with enthusiasm and processing admission with accuracy.
- Follow opening and closing procedure for the front desk.
- Process admission tickets, new memberships and renewals, discounts and phone reservations through the POS system.
- Check in and process payments for group reservations.
- Be knowledgeable about and follow policies and procedures.
- Cash handling - issue accurate change to guests and count down cash drawer at the end of shift with minimal error.
- Preform daily tasks including but not limited to answering the main phone line and transferring calls, data entry, lost and found processing, creating membership packets and other duties as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable about all areas of Butterfly Pavilion and accurately share the information with guests and members through face-to-face interactions, phone and email.
- Communicate with supervisor about computer malfunction or system issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Membership sales and services:
- Sell and renew memberships to meet daily and weekly revenue goals.
- Be extremely knowledgeable about membership levels, pricing, policies and procedures.
- Address member issues and needs accurately and timely.
- Answer all incoming questions about membership through face-to-face interactions, phone and email.
- Process online memberships.
- Create and distribute membership packets.
- Membership form data entry and update records.
Qualifications / Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Positive, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, noisy environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours with a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Experience in guest services, membership or hospitality highly preferred.
- Customer experience and cash handling experience.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of POS systems, Microsoft Office Suite and internet.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently.
- Communication Skills
- Department Knowledge
- Build relationships
- Detail Oriented
- Technologically Literate
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of the Guest Services Associate, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Guest Services Associate will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Guest Services Associate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to moderately loud.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Guest Services Associate.
While performing the responsibilities of the Guest Services Associate, the employee is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle, push/pull, grasp, or feel. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
A range of part time hours in a typical work week will be 9 hours per week with the possibility of up to 18 hours. Open availability is required for this position including afternoon, morning shifts on both weekdays, weekends and holidays. Final schedule will be determined by the Membership and Guest Experience Director and the candidate selected for this position. This is a seasonal position for the summer.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/2364906-20970
Position is open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.