- 02-Apr-2021 to 01-Jun-2021 (MST)
- Westminster, CO, USA
- $45,000 - $50,000/year
- Full Time
Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time, 401(k) + matching, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance)
Title: Facilities Manager
Position Reports To: Vice President of Science, Conservation, & Operations
Direct Reports: Custodial Staff
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we can't make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These aren't just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
FLSA: Full Time/Exempt
Salary Rate: $45,000-50,000 annual salary based on experience
Position Summary: The Facilities Manager has the responsibility of managing the operation of facilities, including general maintenance, basic repairs, some remodeling work, and janitorial services. The Facilities Manager will ensure consistent and efficient operation of facility contractors, HVAC (including boilers and chillers) and preventative maintenance. This position will establish short- and long-term goals in conjunction with the Executive Leadership Team, and in line with the strategic plan, to maximize the efficiency, life and effectiveness of Butterfly Pavilion and its operating systems. Ensure a clean, safe, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing environment for staff, volunteers and guests.
We are seeking a candidate who is technically competent, with excellent problem solving, analytical, and project management skills. The Facilities Manager works with every department within Butterfly Pavilion, and must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Additionally, time management and the ability to handle a complex workload are integral to the success of this position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance and repairs for the facility. This includes life support systems for the animal collections, public and private areas, exhibits, and retail space.
- Ability to identify and fix problems within electrical infrastructure.
- Prioritizes work orders and ensures that they are completed in a timely manner, while not getting behind on larger projects and builds. Keeps records of work orders and purchase orders.
- Ensure obsolescence report is maintained and updated, and large capital projects are identified in a timely fashion.
- Develops, updates and directs maintenance policies for the facility
- Responsible for ensuring that all company equipment and property is maintained, operational and in safe working order
- Monitors energy consumption and initiates cost saving steps to control utility costs, and suggesting facility changes to improve environmental footprint and efficiencies
- Support maintenance and planning of exhibits
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to repair and maintain facility, including light bulbs and janitorial supplies.
- Support the execution of the Master Plan
- Create facilities budget in-line with all necessary projects and ongoing maintenance of the facility.
- Oversee expenditures within budget and identified timelines
- Oversees purchasing and inventory procedures for facility and custodial supplies
- Oversee and lead all safety aspects of the facility.
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards and codes, including fire inspections, coordination of AED inspections, and AZA.
- Maintain and use PPE to protect staff and volunteers from injury.
- Assist Senior Leadership Team with recommendations on enforcing COVID-19 related safety precautions for team members and guests.
- Management of contractors (including snow removal, HVAC repair and maintenance, generator repair and maintenance, janitorial supplies) and necessary improvements to the facility.
- Approves work schedules for facilities department team members
- Project/Time management
- Department knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Building teams
- Conflict resolution
- Resource Management
- Results and Goal Orientated
- Regular attendance to organization, branch and department staff meetings.
- Seek out opportunities to utilize trained volunteers within the Facilities department.
- Other duties as assigned
- College or trade education preferred, high school diploma required
- Knowledge in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, and generator required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, team player, project leader and quality manager.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations.
- Must possess a valid Driver License
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a facility management, property management, systems engineering or other maintenance related field is preferred.
- Experience in operational planning and goal setting to achieve continuous improvement needed is also preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities to troubleshoot, analyze problems, identify solutions, make effective decisions and execute implementation.
- Supervisory or management experience required.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- While performing the responsibilities of the Facilities Manager, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter both hot and cold environments while performing duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Facilities Manager.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to moderately loud.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Facilities Manager.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and stand/walk around for several hours at a time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Facilities Manager, the employee is required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is often required to lift, sit, and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link:
Position is open until filled. No phone calls or drop in's please.