- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- $22.01 - $37.75
- Full-Time Construction Seasons
Medical Insurance, Pension Retirement Plan, Overtime pay earned daily for any hours over 8 in one day, Saturdays are automatic overtime
*These positions will be available for the 2022 construction season which typically starts work in April 2022. Please be patient as you may not be contacted about the status of your application until February, March, or April of 2022. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application for the 2022 construction season.
Experienced Concrete Workers
Are you looking for an exciting career in heavy highway, civil, and horizontal construction? If so, let's pave the way to a great career and jump aboard Brooks Construction Company, Inc. For the 2022 Construction Season: We will have openings for hardworking, loyal, and driven people like you! We are seeking experienced, hardworking individuals to join our Concrete Crews. Do you have concrete experience? Have you done concrete flat work or concrete curb work? If so, apply today!
Experienced Concrete Workers - Assists in setting string line to correct elevation & grade. The handling and setting of metal, wood and Wall forms. Shovel and cumalong use for the placement and leveling of concrete and aggregates. The ability to finish concrete with different surface techniques and the placement of ADA Panels. . Experience with all aspects of Curb Machine work. Performs other miscellaneous duties, as directed.
Concrete Experience in using a Screed Board, Hand float, edger, jointer, bull float, broom and slick trowel.
Small equipment experience with Cordless drills, circular saws, impacts etc. Quickie saws and Hammer drills. Carpentry skills and the uses of sledge hammers, shovels, cumalongs and etc.
Concrete equipment experience with Vibra screeds, Truss Screeds, Roller Screeds, power trowels, Soft Cut Saws and walk behind saws. Experience with Curb Machines.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to work in the growing industry of civil infrastructure/horizontal construction!
Why work for Brooks Construction, Inc.
- Brooks Construction is for and about people; we are the "Employer of Choice to Employees".
- Weekly pay via convenient direct deposit.
- Health Insurance Benefits to keep you and your family healthy. • Pension/Retirement plan to help plan for your future. • Excellent wages and full benefits packages offered through our local trade union(s).
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee in a high-demand industry. • Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals. • Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and northeast Indiana. • Family-owned, supportive, open-door company culture.
- Flexible Schedule
- Reward & Recognition incentives.
- Great Employee Referral Incentives. • Enjoy our quick & easy online application process.
Team members must perform duties on a Brooks Construction jobsite in a safe, efficient, and proper manner to achieve a quality finished product. May perform traffic control (flagging) duties as required. May place and pick up traffic control materials (cones, barrels, etc.) as needed. Must perform other miscellaneous duties, as directed. Qualifications may include:
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and long hours/extensive overtime (sunrise to sunset) when necessary (often with little or no notice)
- Must have reliable transportation with the ability and willingness to travel to and from job sites up to a 70 mile radius from our office (at the employee's expense)
- Must be willing to abide by our Drug Free & Alcohol Free Workplace policies
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons and all weather conditions (including rain, snow, extreme heat or cold, water, mud, dust, etc.)
- Must have exceptional attendance, punctuality, dependability, reliability, and work ethic (including performance record with other/prior employers)
- Must have a "Safety Before Anything" attitude
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) for safety as required
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pick up on procedures quickly
- Must be a Team Player
- Must be able to work independently, without continuous supervision/oversight
- Must be able to perform assigned duties and tasks as directed
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.)
Who We Are:
For over 112 years and across four generations of family ownership, Brooks Construction Company, Inc. has stood for Quality, Team, and Integrity in the civil construction industry. Based in Fort Wayne, Indiana, with over 240 employees, Brooks Construction provides asphalt, concrete, earthwork, and pipe operations across northern Indiana and northwestern Ohio using best practices and innovative techniques to give our customers a quality product.