- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
JOB SUMMARY: This position is a semi-skilled position, and we are looking for an individual with relevant experience. This individual, under limited supervision, performs a variety of general facilities installation and maintenance related tasks for Hattie Larlham. These tasks and assignments are basic in nature but diverse and require limited analysis.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair functions in the areas of mechanical, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, and general maintenance.
- Requires a maintenance aptitude with a desire to learn new skills performing facilities installation and maintenance services.
- Provide excellent customer service to the client.
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, light fixtures, electrical sockets, light switches, ballasts, and fuses.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures, open clogged lines and drains in sinks and toilets, replace water faucets, etc.
- Perform basic carpentry: repair drywall, paint walls, fix doors, windows.
- Move and relocate office furniture: adjust desks, chairs, and files.
- Remove snow and salt walkways.
- Inform management personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders to provide information for making decisions, taking appropriate action, and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Request equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Respond to emergencies after hours, per service manager's request.
- Complete work orders using the BG iPhone.
- Document all building and life safety inspections.
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Client Contract documents.
- Actively markets the various Brewer-Garrett capabilities to the building tenants.
- High school/trade school graduate
- 2 years relevant experience in general maintenance
- Experience in commercial, institutional environments
- Basic administrative skills
- Knowledge of hand tools, some specialized
- Trade/vocational/military training
- Valid driver's license
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, flexible spending, paid time off, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
The Brewer-Garrett Company https://brewergarrett.applicantpro.com