THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
Position Summary: The Team Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for successful completion of all projects/tasks assigned to the Team. The Team Leader shall schedule manpower to meet the completion dates, ensure quality of the design and maintain engineering budgets of the projects assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design on the project assigned.
- Responsible for performance reviews of all members on the Team.
- Responsible for the electrical engineering budgets.
- Responsible for the quality and engineering of the projects assigned to the Team.
- Organizes design and engineering effort required for the project and assigns tasks to designers and engineers under his/her supervision.
- Responsible for scheduling designers and engineers assigned to the Team. Report to the Engineering Manager scheduling requirements.
- Directs and is responsible for, the work of designers and engineers that are part of the Team.
- Reviews all drawings produced by the team to ensure quality and adherence to the Company's design standards.
- Ensures that coordination with other disciplines is complete on the project.
- Is responsible for designing to the project's scope, engineering budget and construction budget.
- Performs field investigation of systems as required for engineering and designing projects assigned.
- Performs job site inspections as required during the construction process.
- Ensure that projects are commissioned as required.
- Assists in developing and maintaining design and engineering standards.
- Utilizes knowledge of engineering practices, mathematics, computer programming, materials and other physical sciences to complete the drawings.
- Cooperates with the design/construction team to meet the project schedule with in the allotted engineering and construction budget.
- Inform Engineering Manager of project scope and budget changes. Make on-going coordination checks to assure project quality and adherence to budget.
- Construction estimating and project coordination during construction as assigned.
- Coordinates and assists other Team Leads as required and directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Acts in a support role as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assists in the sales support effort as assigned.
- All members assigned to the Team. Team members can include Senior Engineers, Engineers, Senior Designer, Designers and AutoCAD/BIM operators.
- Engineering Degree, ten or more years' experience in Electrical Engineering.
- OSHSA 10 hour training minimum 30 hour preferred. This can be completed in the first six months of hire.
- Professional Engineering Licensure is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments, construction sites or public works facilities. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell.
- BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.