THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: BIM Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Project Solutions
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Middleburg Heights, OH
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: April 12th, 2022
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company that provides innovations that exceeds expectations. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Coordinator to support our use of modeling and drafting technology in the ever-evolving field of construction. In this position, you will create, implement, and manage our BIM library and content for MEP drawings. You will maintain the AutoCAD, Revit, and other engineering software standards and licenses, as well as supporting the continuing training of engineers in these tools. Additionally, you will monitor the engineering department's drawings for visual quality control and presentation. This is a full-time on-site position.
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement
- Develop and maintain template files for drafting programs as required by project needs
- Develop and support department processes for project execution in BIM products
- Monitor all construction drawings for quality control and adherence to company standards
- Coordinate project setup in drafting software with the engineering team
- Create backgrounds and existing condition drawings for projects as required
- Work with the Engineering Manager to create written drafting software license budgets to align with corporate goals
- Work with the Engineering Manager to evaluate emerging BIM technologies that support the goals of the engineering department
- Coordinate biweekly meetings of the engineering team
- Develop and maintain the company's AutoCAD and Revit resource libraries
- Incorporate new items into the resource libraries at the direction of engineers
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or a Technical Certificate with BIM management experience
- Three years of experience in the construction industry, which may be drafting, design, or engineering
- Experience with AutoDesk AutoCAD and Revit is required
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems and coordination is a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.