For over half a century, The Brewer Garrett Company has been delivering award-winning commercial energy efficiency services to meet our clients' energy, process, and building service needs.
Through our People, Programs & Technologies, we have developed proven industry solutions to be the benchmark in customer satisfaction for the Building Services & Energy Industries.
The reason we can exceed our customer's expectations is because of our amazing team. Due to our continued year-over-year growth, we are seeking an experienced Sr. Energy Engineer to add to our team.
Position Summary: This position requires a broad base of skills such as being technically savvy and verse in energy engineering solutions encompassing central plants, co-generation, HVAC, building automation, building envelope and renewable energy systems in commercial buildings.
- Interface with internal mechanical/electrical engineers, project managers/estimators, energy auditors, proposal specialists, automation engineers, service specialists, and executive management
- Articulate and convey specific technical information to clients regarding their facilities and relevant improvement or efficiency opportunities
- Operate at a high level of accuracy and productivity associated with developing energy conservation projects, and an ability to self-direct project development activities
- Conduct field energy surveys of facilities
- Process and understand utility data analysis
- Work with internal Brewer-Garrett proposal team
- Complete reports and spreadsheets of solutions
- Work with project managers/estimators when developing project costs
- Interact with customers on surveys and support sales during presentations
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, and other outside agents
- Develop savings calculations that are realistic yet aggressive and achievable
- Communicate to audit lead the background of those calculations
- Work with audit lead when calculations do not match expected results
- Continually refine energy calculations
- Act as audit lead or audit technical support as assigned
- Streamline work efforts to maximize productivity and accuracy
- Keep current with existing and future technologies
- Keep current with all pertinent certifications
- Provide support for any special projects assigned by the Energy Services Manager/Energy Engineering Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum of five years of engineering experience; which includes knowledge of energy systems, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable practices for higher education, healthcare, government facilities, K-12 markets, and industrial manufacturing facilities
- Strong technical knowledge of energy efficiency practices and programs is required
- C.E.M. certification and Professional Engineer status a plus
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and computer skills
We offer a competitive salary and a yearly performance bonus, an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, exercise facilities, and a great place to work!
Candidates must relocate to Cleveland, Oh area, and not require sponsorship.
We are an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!