For over half a century, The Brewer Garrett Company has been delivering award-winning commercial energy efficiency services to meet our clients' energy, process, and building service needs.
Through our People, Programs & Technologies, we have developed proven industry solutions to be the benchmark in customer satisfaction for the Building Services & Energy Industries.
Position Summary: The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the engineering and design of HVAC and plumbing projects that he/she is assigned. Projects assigned to the Senior Mechanical Engineer are generally larger and more complex in nature. A successful candidate needs to identify and provide solutions to complex mechanical design problems. This position requires the Senior Mechanical Engineer to initiate conceptual designs subject to the review and approval of the Engineering Manager, Construction General Manager, and Engineering Team Lead.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design on the project assigned.
- Organizes the design and engineering effort required for the project and assigns tasks to designers and engineers under his/her supervision.
- Responsible for scheduling designers and engineers assigned to the project. Report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager scheduling requirements.
- Directs and is responsible for, the work of designers and engineers that are assigned to the project.
- Makes any adjustments to the drawings, calculations, and specifications as required by the Project Engineer/Senior Project Designer.
- Must be familiar with the project's scope, engineering budget, and construction budget.
- Assists in developing and maintaining design and engineering standards.
- Utilizes knowledge of engineering practices, mathematics, computer programming, materials, and other physical sciences to complete the drawings with a minimum of supervision.
- Cooperates with the design/construction team to meet the project schedule within the allotted engineering and construction budget.
- Inform Mechanical Engineering Manager of project scope and budget changes. Make ongoing coordination checks to assure project quality and adherence to budget.
- Construction estimating and project coordination during construction as assigned.
- Acts in a support role on projects as directed by the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
- Support the Commissioning Team with all aspects of commissioning services.
- Develop accurate preliminary design solutions for prospective complex projects within an expedited time frame.
- Interact with clients and maintain client relationships throughout the course of a project.
- Minimum of (7) years' mechanical, or HVAC engineering experience with a professional engineering firm, automation contractor, or mechanical contractor engaged in MEP-related or similar work desired.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering; Professional Mechanical Engineer's license is a plus, but not required.
- A strong understanding of mechanical, controls, electrical, and construction means and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and/or similar facilities.
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Excel, and other software used in the construction industry.
- Understanding of Autocad/Revit Design software.
- Self-managing, able to work autonomously when necessary and effectively integrate with project teammates to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Highly collaborative and focused on sharing details routinely and consistently with team members.
- Demonstrate a persistent optimism and the ability to navigate challenges in a way that produces value, exceeds expectations, and promotes company success.
- Demonstrate the ability to approach new and demanding situations with innovation and determination.
- Operate at a high level of speed and productivity, be sensitive to time and cost factors associated with their expertise, project budgets, and company-wide financial goals.
If you are quality-driven, able to develop accurate preliminary design solutions for prospective complex projects within an expedited time frame and interact with clients and maintain client relationships throughout the course of a project. You are the right person for our team. Please apply!
We offer competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, exercise facilities, yearly performance bonus, and a great place to work!
Must be willing to relocate to Cleveland, Ohio area, and not require sponsorship.
We are an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!