Picture Yourself at Biltmore Farms as part of the Vanderbilt legacy of hospitality!
Why join our team of Banquet Servers?
- $13.50/hour starting pay!
- Signing & Retention Bonuses totaling $700 within 90 days!
- Fun wellness program with annual bonus of up to $200!
- Hilton brand hotel discounts for you, your family, and your friends!
- YMCA membership monthly discount!
- Flexible scheduling!
- Friendly and supportive work environments!
- Incredible employee learning and growth opportunities!
- Exciting employee events and activities!
You treat guests like family. Your welcoming nature and poised positivity shines brightly, even under stressful situations. You are self-motivated, a fast learner, and able to anticipate your guests' needs before they ask. Can you picture yourself at Biltmore Farms Hotels as a Banquet Server? We can!
As a Banquet Server, you will
- Guide the guest in all phases of their experience in the Banquet area.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work area.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned function such as pre-function side work.
- Be familiar with menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation and proper food and beverage service.
- Set up, monitor, refresh and breakdown receptions and buffet tables for specified functions according to group requirements.
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner making them feel welcome.
- Exhibit proper knowledge of both alcoholic and beverages and menu items.
- Consistently follow sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures and standardized by the Banquet Management Team.
- Work as a team assisting all guests and employees with needs and inquiries.
- Remove all tabletop items, linen and equipment from the function room as designated by function requirements.
- Have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, be energetic and be a willing learner.
- Work flexible schedules which include weekends and holidays.
The skills of a Banquet Server are as diverse as our customers. Many of our guest celebrations and events align with weekends and holidays, so our Banquet Servers must be ready to thrive during these times. Good communication and working knowledge of the food and beverage industry including ability to lift and carry trays are must-haves.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. At least two years of experience in the Food Service Industry is a plus. At least one year in a hotel setting is preferred. Have a working knowledge of food and wine. Have good communication and interpersonal skills; be flexible and willing to work wherever needed.
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. on a tray or arm service where it applies.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and be able to walk, stoop and bend frequently.
Post Offer / Pre-Employment:
For the on-going safety and well-being of our employees and guests, Biltmore Farms' on-boarding process includes a criminal history disclosure and screening process for employees selected for employment. This process begins after an offer of employment is extended in writing.
Final decisions on employment will be treated in accordance with federal-, state-, and local laws and guidance and determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis prior to adverse action. Biltmore Farms is dedicated to matching candidates with a criminal history to a position where they can be successful.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information.
AVISO: La Ley Federal le exige a todos los empleadores que verifiquen la identidad y elegibilidad de empleo de toda persona contratada para trabajar en los Estados Unidos. Haga clic aqu para obtener ms informacion.