Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Systems Engineer - Advanced Concepts will support the JETS II contract supporting NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 2+ years of recent and relevant work experience.
- Must have 3 or more of the following skills:
- Experience with developing functional block diagrams and functional allocations.
- Experience creating and tracking conceptual space vehicle designs via MEL/PEL/TEL.
- Experience creating concepts for operations of single vehicle systems as well as operations across multiple space vehicles.
- Experience with technology roadmap development and creating technology infusion plans.
- Experience with capturing trade space of potential 'system solutions,' and establishing trade-study framework to allow evaluations (using all available technologies - expert opinions, simulation and modeling, market research, analysis, prototypes, etc.).
- Experience with interface definition for vehicle subsystems.
- Experience collecting/understanding stakeholder needs.
- Experience with interface definitions between multiple vehicles or elements of a mission.
- Experience creating configuration growth or evolution plans and defining incremental capabilities for a mission sequence.
- Ability to define mission sequences within a single mission across multiple missions.
- Experience in early program concept development and formulation.
- Experience with the development of system architectures and documenting them for presentation to senior management.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation.
- Experience working with multiple NASA organizations.
- Experience working across NASA centers.
- Experience with NASA sponsored or funded technology development.
- Experience with space mission analysis (e.g., orbit analysis, delta-V budgets, spacecraft constraint evaluation).
- Familiarity with human space exploration systems (for example Orion, Commercial Crew, ISS, EMU/xEMU).
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection for engineering products.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Familiarity with system architecture tools such as DoDAF, TODAF, etc.
- This position offers a 9/80 schedule, every other Friday off.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!