Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Systems Engineer - Lunar Dust Mitigation will support the JETS II contract supporting NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration.
- Participate in a team environment for Artemis mission development and planning, working with NASA's Human Landing System Partners to develop plans and technology for the mitigation, control, and management of dust contamination for lunar surface exploration.
- Work will include those systems and technologies needed to prevent dust accumulation on surface EVA tools and suits, as well as dust removal and control to prevent dust in the crew cabin volumes.
- Contribute to mission planning with dust mitigation and control in mind.
- Participate in ground-based testing of dust mitigation and control methods and technologies using lunar simulant and simulate space environment, development space suits, and development lunar surface tools.
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
- Work with team members to identify risks, develop risk statements and responses.
- Work with team members in the development of system requirements.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of recent and relevant work experience.
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, development of Concept of Operations, risk analysis, and system analysis of space hardware.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC engineering processes.
- Familiarity with the development and execution of test procedures.
- Familiarity with NASA EVA suits and procedures.
- Familiarity with dust control and mitigation technologies.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC mission planning products.
- Prior systems engineering & integration experience roles in early program phases.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering products.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification..
- This position offers a 9/80 schedule, every other Friday off.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!