Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Industrial Safety Specialist will support the Bastion Safety & Mission Assurance Manager supporting NASA-MSFC/MAF.
- Support the MAF Safety Manager in all aspects of industrial safety administration to include OSHA/Risk management practices and interpreting compliance standards.
- Provide key safety consultation to NASA-MAF SMA, NASA Contractor Safety professionals and commercial tenant leadership.
- Serve as the Mishap Investigation Program Administrator for the Michoud Assembly Facility
- Perform Mishap and Injury investigations, including identification of corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Enter mishaps into the NASA Mishap Information System (NMIS)
- Verify corrective actions are complete, including objective evidence including pictures, presentations, certifications, etc. prior to closing mishap cases in the NMIS database.
- Track injury and mishaps metrics so that emerging trends can be communicated to NASA Leadership.
- Serve as consultant to the Michoud Emergency and Incident Response Team and a member of the Emergency Exercise Coordination Team.
- Conduct quality surveillance of the Component Processing Facility (CPF).
- Lead and/or participate in joint risk assessments of new processes, facility, and construction projects to identify potential hazards and mitigations.
- Support the SHE Committee and MTM meeting with MAF presentations detailing key Safety information to MFSC and MAF leadership.
- Support the bi-monthly NASA-MAF leadership and MAF S&MA safety spot inspections
- Participate in MAF Design Reviews and provide comment regarding safety issues or concerns.
- Complete safety procedure review and comment for compliance to federal, state, local, and NASA requirements to include the review of lifting plans and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Must have a bachelor's degree with 10+ years of recent and related work experience.
- In lieu of degree: Candidates with 14+ years of relevant work experience will be considered.
- Ability to develop and present PowerPoint presentations.
- Prior experience performing OSHA inspections and accident investigations.
- Experience using hazard data bases (e.g., SHETRAK, SafeSuite, or similar).
- Hold Certified Safety Professional certification.
- Experience and or training in Root Cause Analysis.
- Training in OSHA 510 OSHA standards for Construction Industry.
- Training in OSHA 511 OSHA standards for General Industry.
- Certification or documented experience in Fire Inspection and/or Electrical Inspection.
- Experience performing quality surveillance.
- This position is located onsite.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!