Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will interpret and apply QA system level requirements while performing all quality assurance duties utilizing knowledge of higher level quality assurance (ISO/AS) system requirement document
- Execute quality requirements in accordance with customer approved quality assurance plans/policies and specifications during all phases of hardware fabrication, testing, first article inspection, and final end item inspections.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspections, monitor and/or perform nondestructive test/evaluation, perform process surveillance using witnessing/monitoring techniques and verify test result/documentation of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per approved inspection documents/specification requirements.
- Initiate non-conformance reports, document/report inspection results and monitor corrective actions implementation for effectiveness.
- Maintain current, company and customer training and certifications to maintain a quality inspection stamp and meet stamp warranty expectations.
- Work with company and customer personnel to resolve inspection questions and communicate technical issues to project engineers to ensure compliance with final product specification requirements.
- Perform measurements utilizing various meteorology equipment (calipers, micrometers, shadow graphs, dial indicators, etc.) to ensure compliance to engineering requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Must be willing to work various shifts as needed to support space flight activities.
- Education: Must have a bachelor's degree in the field of engineering, or a related field.
- Years of Experience: Must have 5+ years of recent and related work experience.
- In lieu of degree: Candidates with 9+ years of relevant work experience will be considered.
- NDE Level II or Level III certification (NAS410) in RT, ET, PT and UTT is required with ability to meet company written practice certification requirements.
- Higher Level Quality (ASQ-CQI/NASA/DOD) Certification.
- Possess a working knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001 Quality System requirements, possess the ability to read complex blueprints, technical charts, and specification sheets.
- Stand or walk - Employee is required to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects while carrying tools and equipment.
- Stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Vision, see well (naturally or with correction), color and acuity requirements apply for NDE related postions.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Good physical fitness.
- Good sense of balance.
- Preferred candidate will be an ASQ-CQI and have previous experience working with flight critical hardware in an ESD/FOD sensitive environments, witnessing critical assembly operations and testing of electrical cables and components and other complex assemblies.
This position is located onsite.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
This position qualifies for the internal Bastion Employee Referral Program as a "Critical to Fill" position.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!