Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Software Safety Engineer will provide senior-level software/system safety engineering support to the AMCOM Safety Office in response to task direction/requirements of the AMCOM Software Safety Lead.
- Review safety documentation (i.e., Safety Assessment Report, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis, etc.) for Army Missile Systems.
- Developing software safety documentation (i.e., Functional Hazard Analyses, Software Material Release packages, Safety Assessment Report, Fault Tree Analysis, etc.).
- Support Contractor and AMCOM Safety Office personnel in compliance with AMCOM R 385-17 and Software Safety/System Safety.
- Support technical reviews.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Education: Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Years of Experience: Must have 10+ years of recent and related work experience.
- Candidates with 5+ years of experience with US government missile software safety will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Army Missile Systems and Software Safety
This position is located onsite.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must also be organized, with good time management skills.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
This position qualifies for the internal Bastion Employee Referral Program as a "Critical to Fill" position.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!