- Omaha, NE, USA
We provide excellent benefits, including health insurance, paid time off (PTO), 9 paid holidays, a 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, fun company events and company swag
We are looking to add to our leadership team with a new Nurse Manager.
The Manager will oversee managed care staff including, but not limited to, Sync Staff and will hold accountability for financial performances, service quality, and daily operations for Sync. The manager will provide coaching, orientation, counseling, and training to all managed care staff, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversees and directly supervises staff, including interviewing, coaching, counseling, orientation, training, and evaluation within established guidelines.
- Collaborates with Clients' and ensures adequate staff coverage for assigned department areas according to daily projected volume and established budget.
- Collaborates Clients' and monitors the day-to-day operations of assigned department staff, reacting effectively and efficiently to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the department to ensure consistent quality of service.
- Demonstrates expertise in Clients' processes and keeps staff updated by remaining current with guidelines, federal, state, regulatory & other governing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinates the departmental staff performance and improvement process including the preparation analysis and submission of required reports for Banyan and Managed Services Clients.
- Updates and improves the department processes and workflow.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects, both internal and external, relating Client's operation.
- EducationGraduate of an accredited school of nursing or ADN with applicable bachelor's degree (i.e., Science, Finance or Business) required. Master's degree in Nursing (MSN), or Nurse practitioner/APRN preferred but will consider or other healthcare-related field with a strong clinical background.
- Eligible for an unencumbered multistate(s) license(s)
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) or more years of RN experience in an acute patient care setting in medical/surgical, Emergency Department or critical care required.
- Three (3) years of management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Broad nursing clinical background strongly preferred.
- Experience working efficiently with multiple computer applications in a fast-paced work setting.
- Experience demonstrating leadership skills and inter-disciplinary collaboration preferred.
- Current Nebraska Registered Nurse compact license required; Current Registered Nurse license required in where the patient is located will be required immediately upon hire.
- Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association required
- Shift: Night Shift
- Full-Time Non-Exempt; work as Virtual Care RN as needed (10-hour shifts, every 3rd weekend )
- After Hours Schedule: Manager supports a 24/7/365 workforce therefore the manager must be available to answer the phone and assist when called. The Day and Night manager will rotate administrative call duties.
- Expanded Hours: Position is a management position and will require working extra hours as needed based upon volume with little notice. It will not be uncommon for 50+ hour workweeks.
- Attendance: Predictable reliable attendance is required, as staff will be looking to this role to set an example and be available to answer questions. Plus, clients will expect this leader to attend client meetings throughout the shift.
- Travel: This position will require travel to current and future clients as needed and at times with limited notice. This is by car or plane based upon the distance to the client and the speed in which we must have a nursing leader on site. Travel can include extended stays especially during a client implementation or process upgrade.
- Falsification of giving incorrect to client will result in immediate termination.
- Special qualifications: Manage and communicate data and information in a nursing informatics work environment to Managed Services Clients, nurses, health care providers, and patients. Act as the liaison between nurses and IT. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical problem-solving skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to lead, plan and delegate tasks appropriately. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Experience and knowledge of the following Microsoft System: Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, and Office 365
It is essential that the Manager support the values of Clients, and interact effectively with leadership, physicians, patients, residents, visitors, and staff. The Manager is expected to demonstrate a commitment to core values, standards of behavior and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor always.
Security Access: Confidential Information:
Staff may have access to confidential patient, associate, and organizational information as it applies to their job responsibilities. Staff must comply with the terms of Managed Services Clients and Sync Virtual Health policies in protecting that information.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!