Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
Veterinary Pharmacy Technician
Are you the type of person who thrives best in fast-paced environments, where multi-tasking and problem solving are just part of your everyday routine? Are you a self- starter who pays attention to the finer details? As part of the Second Chance team you will help get animals ready to be adopted into their forever homes! You will help get medications ready to be dispensed for the animals in the shelter, animals that are in foster homes or animals going to their adoptive homes. You will help maintain an accurate inventory of supplies and medications so that needed supplies and medications are always ready to be used.
Day in the Life:
- Accurately fill, process and dispense medications for internal customers.
- Provide staff with instructions for administration of medications.
- Help maintain the drug inventory through inventory control practices.
- Check medication expiration dates on a regular basis to ensure proper stock rotation.
- Ordering drugs and other supplies to keep pharmacy well stocked.
- Check in and put away weekly inventory
- Adhere to safety procedures to ensure quality care of the animals.
- Accurately maintain all records in our data base.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Other duties as assigned. Please note that the duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferably the completion of a Veterinary Technician OR minimum of two years' of experience at a veterinary hospital and or shelter experience. Education may substitute for experience.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain composed while working in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language - Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Mathematical - Basic
Technical - Computer proficiency required.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation are required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air-conditioned and heated office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All AHS employees are expected to uphold the values of Innovation, Compassion, and Excellence.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check.