Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
The Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Healthy Tails Mobile Clinic Veterinary Technician
COMBINE YOUR PASSION WITH A PURPOSE
At our competitive paying, non-profit mobile veterinary clinic. We help ensure that all pet owners have access to affordable veterinary care. We're proud to provide reduced or free grant-funded services to our underserved and underprivileged community who may not otherwise seek care for their pets due to financial barriers. Your work will impact those who have to choose between paying their bills and getting medical care for their pets and will help keep families together and pets out of the shelters. It is a job far beyond medicine; it's a mission and a purpose.
By joining our team, your schedule will be four 10-hour workdays with three days off weekly. Days off are not consistent on a weekly basis as workday schedules will vary to support community needs. As a valid team member, you will have input with event scheduling.
SUPPORTING YOUR GROWTH
Investing in our staff is important to us! We do not require a certification for this position; we will offer training, ongoing coaching, support, and new learning opportunities. We offer paid Fear Free Certifications for all of our employees. We will listen to your needs to help ensure your success and continued growth. We are a large, non-profit organization with growth opportunities across many departments.
PAWS UP FOR GREAT BENEFITS!
- Competitive pay
- Medical & dental
- PTO and paid holidays
- Continued education, including paid Fear Free certification
- Discount on veterinary services
- Got student loans? Employment with AHS may qualify you for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
- Assist veterinarians in all aspects of AHS' wellness clinic including surgery, laboratory diagnostics, fluid therapy, and emergency care as necessary, the administration of prescribed medications, client education and clinic asepsis.
- TPR, administer vaccines and other medications, implant microchips
- Check in/check out patients for surgery.
- Assist veterinarians and technicians in the evaluation, surgery, and recovery for patients.
- Perform anesthesia, prep, fluid therapy, laboratory procedures, injections, and medication.
- Monitor vital signs of sedated and anesthetized patients in preoperative, operative, and post-operative phases.
- Intubate animals, place intravenous catheters, perform venipuncture, and administer fluids as needed.
- Offer post-operative care to our pets.
- Maintain all records and documentation in our clinic management software.
- Offer an excellent experience every time to our customers. Offer compassionate communication and clear home-care directions for their pets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma/GED
- CVT not required. Education may substitute for experience
- Valid driver's license required
- Preferably completion of a veterinary technician program OR experience at a veterinary hospital or clinic.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language - Able to speak, read, write and understand English. Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical - Basic
Technical - Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Vetter software.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation are required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air-conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.