Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
As of June 14th, 2021, the Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Foster Concierge (3 Days Off)
POSITION SUMMARY: Do you love people as much as you love pets? Are you the type of person who thrives best in fast-paced environments, where multi-tasking, problem solving and a willingness to learn new skills are just part of your everyday routine? How about providing exceptional phone and in-person support, building relationships, scheduling medical appointments and communicating with compassion? If you answered yes, then we'd like for you to apply!
Our Foster Concierge is the hub of our foster department communication network. This energetic, friendly and self-motivated individual will be responsible for greeting all Foster Heroes with a friendly smile, maintaining first impressions in the foster lobby and acting as a liaison between the Foster Heroes and our foster medical staff. Strong communication abilities, problem solving skills, phone etiquette and excellent customer service skills a must. This position is great for individuals with previous veterinary scheduling experience or recent graduates with a veterinary associate degree or someone aspiring to become a veterinary technician.
FOSTER CONCIERGE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for front office first impressions and building relationships with the clients. Offers an Excellent Experience Every Time.
- Answer high-volume foster medical calls texts and emails in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintains accurate scheduling.
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate through multiple softwares used in the position.
- Schedules medical appointments for Foster Heroes in-person, via text and via phone.
- Recognize foster emergencies and coordinate with medical staff as needed.
- Act as a liaison for Foster Heroes and the foster department and medical staff, ensuring excellent and timely communication.
- Respond and appropriately handle emergency situations that may arise in a calm, professional and effective manner.
- Maintains documentation of all interactions and follow-up regarding Foster Hero issues.
- Continuously looks for creative ways to improve the Foster Heroes' experience.
- Intake/outcome medical appointments in Chameleon (shelter management software)
- Effective communication of AHS' mission, policies and procedures.
- Provide Foster Heroes with support and guidance as needed.
- High school diploma OR
- Basic animal handling experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent telephone and customer service skills, externally as well as internally and present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
- Must be able to clear a background check and pass a drug screening.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English and complete paperwork accurately and legibly.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment). Familiarity with computer data entry is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance. Access to reliable transportation. Basic veterinary technician experience preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.