Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
As of June 14th, 2021, the Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Bilingual Pet Resource Center Specialist
COMBINE YOUR PASSION WITH PURPOSE in our Pet Resource Center Department!
Join our team to help support pet parents and good Samaritans navigate the best options to care for the animals of our community. As part of the team, you will help supply resources to clients for injured, orphaned, stray, healthy, owned, and displaced animals by providing a kind and compassionate experience and helping them navigate difficult decisions.
In this role, you will efficiently handle constant, incoming calls from multiple queues, as well as make outbound callbacks, provide resources and information through compassionate counseling, schedule appointments for various AHS departments supported by the PRC, and collect and enter data using multiple databases.
1. Answer inbound calls from multiple queues and make outbound callbacks in a timely, courteous, compassionate, and professional manner, always striving to provide an excellent experience every time to external and internal customers.
2. Provide organizational knowledge and resources to customers via multiple channels regarding the programs and services provided by AHS and options for the customer.
3. Capture detailed and accurate information. Schedule appointments for various AHS departments.
4. Practice adaptability. Learn and follow new policies, procedures, and software for data collection.
5. Maintain clean, positive, productive, and professional work environment.
6. Meet/exceed AHS, PRC, and individual goals/KPI's.
7. Other duties as assigned by department management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to speak fluently and write in English and Spanish.
3. Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service OR call center position required.
4. Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to perform accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment using multiple databases while conversing with customers.
6. Ability to respond quickly to changes and expansions as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and our customers.
7. Ability to display mental and emotional resilience when faced with high stress situations.
8. Ability to work weekends.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
High school diploma/GED
Experience: Call center, medical facility, animal shelter, human shelter/services, non-profit sector, customer service, sales, animal welfare
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to proficiently speak, read, write and understand English and Spanish.
Technical Data entry, efficient typing skills.
Other: Regular attendance, punctuality, and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.