- 05-Jun-2021 to 04-Aug-2021 (EST)
- Durham, NC, USA
- Full Time
At AW North Carolina (AWNC), the phrase "Quality People, Quality Products" isn't just a slogan. Our commitment to quality extends not only to our products, but also to our team members, the community and the environment.
AWNC is a $1.1billion Tier 1 automotive manufacturer of automatic transmissions and components for Toyota Motor Company. AWNC's corporate office and primary manufacturing facility (1 million sq. ft.) is located in Durham, NC, and home to more than 2000 Team Members dedicated to quality supremacy. At AWNC, we are proud of what we do because we are proud of our products, our team members, our customers, and our community.
The Manufacturing Team Member is responsible for operating large-scale manufacturing equipment in accordance with the company's standard operating procedures. He/she will be responsible for producing quality products necessary to manufacture automatic transmissions and transmission components.
- Follow standardized procedures to operate machinery used in the production process and/or to assemble parts on an assembly line.
- Meet daily production quantity targets based upon assigned production schedule and manufacturing leadership.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety guidelines, procedures, and regulations.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Complete equipment checks for all equipment prior to the start of production
- Perform manual dexterity work involving the use of fingers, hands, arms, and legs.
- High school diploma and experience working in an industrial/manufacturing/production environment
- Knowledge of and ability to perform multiple machine or assembly processes
- Ability to complete equipment checks for all equipment within a given section of a line
- Knowledge of cut work procedures and special measurement techniques
- Good understanding of basic mathematic concepts to ensure accurate measurements
- Above average knowledge of machines, tools, and measurement instruments
- Active listening - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented by supervisors, peers, and plant management.
- Communication - The ability to clearly communicate with others - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and vendors in written or verbally.
- Teamwork Treat all people with dignity, respect and fairness. Work as a team to achieve department initiatives.
- Time Management - Set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Dependability and Reliability ' reliable and dependable in performing job related tasks, finishing assigned projects, and meeting deadlines.
Additional Work Factors:
- Environment: Manufacturing/ Production Floor
- Shifts A: 6:00am-2:30pm B.6:00pm-2:30am (additional overtime often required)
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent lifting/ carrying (10-50lbs.)
- Frequent handling/ gripping (parts, tools, etc.)
Team Member Benefits
AWNC offers a highly competitive benefit package that includes: Major Medical Insurance Options, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, Matching 401k Plan, Paid Holidays/Vacation.