- DC, USA
- Full Time
Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
Are you passionate about inspiring people through compelling digital technology? Do you feel energized when you can troubleshoot projects and build workarounds to fit needs that were not met by standard out-of-the-box eCRM functionality? Are you excited by the idea of translating technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and clients to help advance causes like the environment, social justice, and the cultural arts?
As a new Web/Email Developer with Avalon Consulting Group a full-service fundraising consulting agency you'll leverage your web and email developer skills to build and deliver fundraising and engagement emails and the supporting elements (mobile responsive donation forms, landing pages, email templates, etc.) that make up the digital portion of our clients' omni-channel fundraising campaigns. You'll build out digital campaigns from start to finish for a select portfolio of key Avalon accounts using a variety of eCRM platforms. You'll act as the in-house technical consultant and troubleshooter to all client services staff to provide general education and ensure staff have a basic understanding of key technical concepts, and to clients as needed. You will also serve as the technical lead when onboarding new clients.
This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to help remarkable organizations achieve their financial goals through a wide variety of digital projects, while collaborating with an award-winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals.
What You'll Do with Us:
- Set up and execute online campaigns, including HTML email and landing page development, data segmentation, and A/B testing procedures;
- Be responsible for coding and troubleshooting, QA review, programming of data driven personalization, and display testing across devices for high volume email campaigns;
- Examine all campaign components to assure that the end user's experience is logical, clearly defined, and supports the campaign goal;
- Perform testing of all components, including email display testing, cross-browser responsive functionality, and live transaction testing, to review the campaign creative content as well as technical functionality;
- Assist with onboarding of digital programs for new clients;
- Stays abreast of client capabilities and needs. Collaborate with internal teams to build the most efficient solutions possible within the platform and strategy for each client;
- Stay on top of digital technology and industry trends. Adapt and implement new technologies that benefit the agency and our clients, while collaborating with the digital team to share knowledge;
- Communicate with internal teams and clients to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting...
As one of Washington, DC's most respected, cutting-edge, nonprofit fundraising consulting agencies since 1997, Avalon is committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the funds needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
At Avalon, you'll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
What We Need:
You will be an ideal fit for us if you have:
- At least four (4) years of experience designing, developing, and executing email messages, landing pages, custom donation forms, display banners, and other digital communications and properties to support the digital fundraising strategy
- Experience with designing and building responsive, mobile-first web pages and micro-sites
- Experience creating, maintaining, and extending a front-end design system or style guide
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility issues across all device types
- Experience with any/all of the following: Blackbaud Luminate, Blackbaud Online Express, Blackbaud NetCommunity/BBIS, Engaging Networks, EveryAction, Salsa, Classy, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Emma Email Marketing, WordPress, Drupal, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Built tailored implementations and eCRM workarounds to fit needs that were not met by standard out-of-the-box functionality
- Written custom scripts and other programming to work around limitations of legacy systems
- Experience running A/B tests for web using Google Optimize, Optimizely, AB Tasty, or other similar systems
- A portfolio showcasing your skillset
While prior agency or non-profit fundraising work would be value-added experience for this role, it is not a requirement.
In addition, our most engaged and successful team members demonstrate the following:
- Enjoyment from collaborating with team members, partners and clients
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced "foot on the pedal" environment
- Skill in managing multiple projects, competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong ability to manage details and immediate concerns alongside strategy and the "big picture"
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills, professionalism and customer service
- Eagerness for learning and continuous self-improvement
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you. For consideration, please apply using the provided link by submitting your resume and a cover letter with your desired salary.
Please visit our website at www.avalonconsulting.net.
Equal Opportunity Employer