- Marietta, GA, USA
- Pay will commensurate based on skills and experience.
- Full Time
We are in search of a Logistics Coordinator to help in developing and strengthening the global logistics network for our company, building upon best practices to coordinate logistics processes and carrier relationships, leveraging the best cost and on-time delivery. Execute timely flow of import & domestic products by overseeing cargo tracking, Customs clearance and delivery to company locations and/or customers. Ensure that all legislation, regulatory and other requirements relating to the importation of commercial shipments are met.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- An expert in forward-planning
- Sound decision maker with good reasoning skills
- Has the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and stressful situations
- Proven prioritization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Ability to manage multiple work flows simultaneously
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Support and lead team members to establish and maintain effective communication leading problem solving/options between internal customers, booking agents, our ocean/air carriers and factories
- Be proactive and work in advance of upcoming exports/imports
- Understand/track/record and report on each available option for lanes supporting our business you touch and oversee
- Proactively look for best options available within allocation matrix provided by management
- Manage processing of shipments in the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Ensure packing lists are processed timely and accurately
- Monitor shipments for errors, troubleshoot with origin, internal teams and IT for solution
- Coordination of International and Domestic shipments from origin/factories through delivery to company locations and customers.
- Actively communicate with all outside vendors to track shipments and keep delivery dates updated.
- Manage direct connection with freight forwarders, couriers, Customs broker and trucking companies.
- Drive cost savings by assisting and supporting freight cost negotiations to get the lowest possible pricing for the service levels and lead times needed
- Receive, review, and approve freight, duty and trucking invoices.
- Ensure timely delivery of inventory of 3 PL Fulfillment Center
- Ensure the timely processing and stocking of all delivered inventory
- Oversee the counting, stocking and reconciliation of all inventory stocks at all inventory stock locations.
- Filing & clerical duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or a related field required is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in analysis, planning and international logistics
- Strong experience in Export/Import Supply Chain with an understanding of Import (USA) Compliance protocols is required
- Proven data analysis and data visualization competencies preferred
- Strong English written and verbal proficiency is required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word and Excel)
- Ability to commute and work in our Marietta, Georgia office location
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.